cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM multilevel categorization

0 Kudos

Hi CRM experts,

We are using subject codes in our CRM system for Service Ticket, Service Order and Service Confirmation. We have thousands of subject codes. We would like to use multilevel categorization to replace subject codes. I have some questions on categorization functionality:

1. Can we use categorization schema for all these transaction types without subject codes?

2. We are getting error while assigning same subject code to multiple category nodes in category hierarchy type of hierarchy or attribute?

3. We are using subject codes which are assigned to catalogs with catalog category Overview of damage, Cause and tasks. Can we assign subject codes to one category hierarchy or we have to create separate hierarchies?

4. Is there any way to restrict category nodes by reference object?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sapan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thank you for your reply but I have gone through all of these documents. These documents do not answer the questions, I have asked.

Multilevel categorization schema help does not mention much about subject codes. I just want to clarify my questions again.

Q1.: Help mentions that we can use categorization without subject codes for service request only. We have thousands of subject codes currently so if we go for categorization, I have to define both and it would be a huge task. So, if I can avoid the subject code, it would be great.

Q2.: We have lot of repetitive subject codes across different machines. So, I was thinking if I can define the code only once and assign it to multiple categories....

Q3.: We are using different types of subject codes (Categorized by catalog category). I was thinking about creating only one category hierarchy and assign all of them to the respective nodes. Not sure if this is a good practice.

Q4.: SAP allows us to default category based on the product entered as a reference object. I want to default category by individual object and if possible, restrict the category hierarchy.

Please let me know if you or any one else has any suggestions.

Thank you,

Sapan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapan,

kindly check the following thread you will get clear information for all points on Multilevel Categorization

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/EN/48/bbe9add6b3356be10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Hope it answers your Query

Thank you very much!!

Regards,

Srikanth.Naga