cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM Consulting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can a ARIBA SRM experience help in entering into SAP SRM consulting if SAP SRM certified without SAP experience

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayaraj

I dont know what is there in ARIBA SRM.

But you need to know about the SAP SRM infrastructure scenarios and SAP technical objects how they work.

Functionality wise both may be same but when it come to the customization you need to know about the technical things in SAP SRM.

I hope there should not be much difficulty in switching over to SAP SRM with that experience.

PS : Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagdish ,

Thankyou Very Much ?

What level of technical expertise is required for SAP SRM . Being a functional consultant will it be difficult to get technical expertise ..Pl advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayaraj

As you mentioned that SAP SRM functionalities are almost same as ARIBA SRM, then becoming Functional consultant in not a difficulty.

Since you are a Functional consultant to develop technical objects(BADIs, Reports, etc) every implementation project would be having technical consultants to support Functional.

You may be required to know briefly about available BADIs and their importance, programs involved in the main transactions, Basic tables involved, etc.

Once you know this you will get better idea of what else you can do like modifying the screens, Reports, etc and work with technical consultants accordingly. Overthe period of time you will gain the technical expertize.

Regards

Jagadish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know about ARIBA SRM it's for E procurement and reverse auction functionality.

But SAP SRM is basically enhancement of SAP mjaterials management. It offers diff business scenarios viz.

1. Self service procurement- self procurement of low cost items by employees reliving purchasers for more imp works.

2. Service procurement - Scenario specialized for services.

3. Plan driven procurement - scenario where external demands can be worked in EBP sourcing or PO/SA can be sent to suppliers and they can confirm.

4. Strategic Sourcing - New suppliers can be registered. Bidding can be done with suppliers. Live auction is possible.

5. Catalog content management - Suppliers catalogs can be uploaded and managed. Supplier's sites can be accessed for procurement.

6. Spend analysis - BIW can be integrated with SRM for very powerful reporting.

Also, there are newer submodules coming viz. MDM, PLM, C folders in SAP SRM.

Hope this explains the potential of SAP SRM to you.

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dinesh , Thankyou so much .

I think most of this func is addressed by Ariba . Can you please advice to what level of technical expertise is needed as I am a functional consultant

2. Do I also need to learn SAP MM to work on SRM or SRM as such will suffice ...

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I think Jagdish has answered for Q.1

2. The reason I mentioned about SAP MM is that most of the MM functionalities are mapped and enhanced in SRM and normally SRM works in close integration with MM.

If you know the same it would be an added advantage for you but not compulsary.

You can directly start to work on SRM also. In due course of time you will get insight of MM also.

BR

Dinesh