Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA Integration with the Portal

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I've created a simple appIntegrator iView that declares a system, an ABAP application and a Configuration ID for this application (in the application parameters section).

This configuration ID is necessary because the ABAP application that's called is a WebDynpro FPM application.

So far so good. It all works okay in dev and quality.

However, in production this doesn't work. In fact, application parameters are not picked up.

This is strange because the iView is exactly the same (it's been transported).

Where could the problem be?

Thank you.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way you described , it seems strange behavior. However , are you sure the FPM application is working when you start it from SE80 transaction ?. Is it not working only from portal ?

You can also see if all the services are enabled correctly to work with FPM application.

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

FPM applications work just fine in the backend, when tested from SE80, so services are working all right.

The thing is that application parameters are not forwarded from SAP Portal to the backend (WebDynpro ABAP), despite having put a "*" in the property "Forward application parameters....".

And this happens in production only, in development and quality all works all right.

It must be a setting in the portal (system landscape? app integrator configuration?) or in the backend to prevent parameters from being sent.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

i assume here that you have filled the iView property configurationname for the FPM application configuration id. Is it right? or had it on the application parameters ?

ged_hurst
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I did fill iview's properties correctly. As I said, it all works fine in dev and quality.

There must be some settings in the production portal preventing parameters from being forwarded from the Java layer to the ABAP layer....

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my iView i even do not have * in the property Forward application parameters and it is still working.

Have you checked if it is anything to do with the security or protocol difference (https->http and vice versa ). i never have had this problem until now. It must be something to do to with the System setup/security.