cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone encountered problem with VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE missing some data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone encountered a problem where the VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE table is missing some transaction activity?

We have a situation where the monthly ST03 file shows that a user executed the MI31 transaction some time back in August. However our ACTUSAGE table does not show this user performing MI31 for any day in August.

It does have records of other people using MI31 in August. It also has records of this same user performing other transactions in August. It even has records showing other transactions this same user performed in August.

This is now an issue with our external Auditors.

We are on GRC 5.3 SP 13.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE holds information on the transactions executed by users and it gets the data from STAD. Did you notice the time user has spent in the MI31 transaction code (I know even if the user hasn't spent more time, it should be recorded), but this another step to isolate the issue.Also, check SM21 logs on that specific day, and see if there are any events registered during that time related to STAD. I think it was not able to collect the data.

Also, check VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG. This is the Alter log table that stores information of ACTUSAGE. The purge utility will only delete the data from the ACTUSAGE, but it remains in the ALTCDLOG.

Refer to SAP Note 1512020 for additional details on the Alert files.

Hope this helps!!

BR,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user doesn't remember using the MI31 transaction any time in August. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything by itself. I've had users swear they didn't do something until you show them the actual date/time of the activity, and then they go "oh yeah, I remember that now".

Looked at SM21, but unfortunately it only goes back to 10/23.

Checked VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG also, but no entry for this user for August. (Doesn't VIRSA_CC_ACTUSAGE have to capture the data before it will show up in VIRSA_CC_ALTCDLOG?)

Could the data in ST03 be incorrect? If so, how do I prove that to the Auditors?

Thanks.