Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserve stock in availability check

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have one requirement. I have searched forum but I didn't get anything which helps me.

I have a material A with 5 quantity in storage location 1064. When I create sale order of this material with 3 quantity system reserves this stock against this sale order.It will remain reserve until i reject this order. Thee are many open sale orders against which stock is reserved. I have to find out orders with VA05 and reject them. If i create new order of same material with 3 quantity system will only confirm 2.

My requirement is that when i press availability check button system should only check available stock, no stock reserve. When i create delivery system should copy available stock. In short there must be only availability check, No stock reservation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear moazzamjii

My requirement is that when i press availability check button system should only check available stock, no stock reserve.

If this is your requirement you go to OVZ9 in that just flag the iinclude sales requirements in the in/out movements.

Check and revert

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My issue is resolved. But I am surprised that what is the different in VOV6 untick the Req/Assembly and OVZ9 Include Sales requirement.

Dear Lakshami Sir, thanks for your advice but my issue was resolved with schedule category configuration. But I checked in OVZ9 and it looks that both settings have same functionality.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If no confirmation is made in the sales order, then the requirements will not be passed to production/procurement. You can try using Replenishment Lead Time field in the material master, by which you can confirm all the sales order quantity and further during delivery creation only the available quantity can be picked. You need to make sure in t.code OVZ9, check without RLT field must be unchecked.

You can also explore backorder processing functionality using t.code V_RA.

Regards,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If no confirmation is made in the sales order, then the requirements will not be passed to production/procurement.

There is no any link of sale order availability check to Production or procurement in our scenario. I only want to confirm stock in sale order but no reserve. If material A is confirmed against sale order 10001212 then this should not be reserve with this. If i create another sale order next day and I press availability check button it should confirm the same stock for this too. I just dont wana reserve the stock after availability check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi moazzamjii,

Go to schedule line VOV6 select your schedule line category there in that remove check box of Req/Assembly if you remove

this, the requirements of the material not transfer and also remove the check box of Prod.allocation,make sure the check of

availability, in this case the system only do availability in sale order do not reserve the stock.

Check and revert.

Regards

Ram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
then this should not be reserve with this

In OVZ9, just untick the box Include Sales reqmts. Now try to create multiple sale orders for the same material and see how it works.

G. Lakshmipathi