cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter and Web Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 5.3 SP 14 and are coming into issues with our APO and BW systems. The users go to queries or SNC access through web access and it is prompted for a password when logging into the web. How do you address giving Firefighter access because when they initiate the web, they are prompted for a password and we aren't going to give the users the Firefighter access passwords.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bree,

First, Firefighter access is not provided from the web. Users can't elevate the Firefighter from queries in APO and BW systems, since when they give /n/virsa/vfat, it prompts with the reason code.

May be you need to rephrase your question and provide more information.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not provide firefighter from the web. However, when the user logs into firefighter via /virsa/vfat and then enters in a transaction that will trigger the web, the password prompt is provided and unfortunately firefighter can not be used beyond this point.

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Bree,

It may help to reconsider your Firefighter design - and instead of FF IDs explore the possibility of FF Roles.

Then users will be using thier own IDs and FF ID password prompt will not be an issue. In non-APO systems you can still use FF IDs.

Caution: Role based settings do come with its own problems but it will resolve the show-stopper problem you are facing right now.

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bree,

I echo what Shivraj says on this point. I encountered a similar problem when trying to use FF to initiate a new BW extractor via the wizard. Again the user needed to provide the password (not available when using a firefighter ID). In effect, there had to be a manual work around for this use case as the client did not wish to go for the FF Role scenarios.

I'm still waiting for SAP to provide a development on this scenario!

Simon