cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Isolation level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to understand how transaction isolation level set in receiver JDBC channel affects the transaction isolation level of the database table?

Say, we have set the isolation level to read_committed in our channel and the isolation level on the database is serializable, which setting is considered? serializable or read_committed?

Please help me understand this transaction isolation level better.

Thanks & Regards,

Sailaja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find the below link:

Connection Transaction Isolation (SAP Library - Administration Manual)

It may help you to know about Transaction Isolation level in JDBC communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sailaja,

We had a similar problem some time back and I remember that the isolation leve at the partner DB and in the PI Receiver Channel was set to "serializable" and it resolved the issue.

Did you try this?

Regards,

Jack Krugmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Earlier, we had the transaction isolation level as serializable and we faced exception in this channel "Unable to serialize this transaction". Then we decided to go ahead with Default as the isolation level so that the database's isolation level will be considered.

Does the database transaction isolation level override the transaction isolation level that we set in a channel? Or is it that the highest isolation level of the 2 settings [database and channel] is considered? Is it possible to restrict the isolation level on a table to a different level from the database level?

Thanks & Regards,

Sailaja.