Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure MS Loopback Adapter in Windows 7

axel_moschuering
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I installed SAP NetWeaver 7.02 SP06 ABAP Trial Version mainly to teach myself some

WebDynpro Programming for ABAP. Unfortunately this does not work correctly.

I created a View in a Web Dynpro Component and the Layout Preview does not work.

I activated the services suggested in

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30129979-011c-2e10-fb9b-a60e0d704c1d&override...

and did use the report RSICF_SERVICE_ACTIVATION with the variants

WEB DYNPRO ABAP

WEB DYNPRO ABAP DESIGN TIME

WEB DYNPRO ABAP TEST APPS.

In Addition I have set the FQDN as described in the document. I think the problem is the

MS Loopback Adapter. It is displayed with "No connection" in the Network and Sharing Center. I have no idea

how to change this. I have set the IP Adress to the on suggested in the Installation Instructions (10.10.0.10, Subnet-Mask 255.255.255.0) but the Loopback Adapter is displayed with no connection.

If I call a test webdynpro with the Hostname "localhost" it does work, so I think the webserver is running.

Any ideas ?

How do I set up the MS Loopback adapter under Windows 7 correctly ?

Thank you in advance,

Axel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

Now that you know your local network works correctly for a computer not connected to internet or intranet, you have to do this:

1- For "No Connection" error (it is not necessary for the sap system to work), it's normal.

Create a local intranet with a 2nd computer if possible and make a configuration for home network after you will see "Connected"

2-Use of Pc hostname

You must configure the "profile parameters" by using transaction RZ10 and activate services (it's not easy, you have to take your time).

3- Webdynpro

To see the result of the webdynpro appli, you may know that not all web browser versions are compatible. The recent browsers don't work, use iexplorer8 or mozilla but not google ==> you will solve the problem of "timeout".

After that:

Activate the "internet communication framework" by using Transaction SICF. It takes you to "Maintain Services" and then fill Hierarchy Type ==>services, execute to reach at this step:

default_host/sap/bc/gui and icf ( If you've installed sap java, you will see both sap and sap_java)

do a mouse right click and select "Activate Service" and choose activate all.

You can now test the sample via web browser by using locahost.

Best regards.

Edited by: Tchounkeu Magloire on Nov 1, 2011 3:48 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Axel,

My point of view is that your MS loopback is OK, if you launch webdynpro and it works, where is the problem? To see preview, i suggest that you test sample called "WDT_QUIZ" ==> trans se80 ==>web dynpro Comp / intf. If you see all UI, that means your sap system is ok. If not, try to explain very well the problems you met. You are not clear in your question

Best regards

Edited by: Tchounkeu Magloire on Oct 28, 2011 11:17 PM

axel_moschuering
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thank you for your answers

@Srikishan: Thanx for the link, but installation is not the problem.

@Tchounkeu: Thanx for your answer. Admitted the error description is not completly clear. I try to clarify.

1. If I call the Layout Preview of a Webdynro View I get an error message, that the internet site cannot be reached in the

area where the UI Layout Elements are supposed to be displayed.

2. If I try to launch a WebDynpro Application via transaction se80 nothing happens

3. If I copy/paste he URL of the Webdynpro Application in the Browser-Window, I get an error "site not found/timeout"

4. If I replace the computername (=name of my PC) in the above mentioned URL with "localhost" I get

a login window and the Webdynpro starts.

5. The MS Loopback Adapter is displayed with "NO CONNECTION" in the Network and Sharing Center

Conclusion in my Eyes: The Webserver is running on "localhost" but cannot be accessed via the Loopback Adapter

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance,

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos