cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Supported DC Types in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm about to set up an NWDI for WebDynpro development on an EP7.3. As recommended by SAP I'm using CM Services instead of CMS.

Therefor I did:

1. Create a SC by using the wizzard (with DC Type Webdynpro)

-> Result: SC is visible in SLD and has all required software components (ie WEB DYNPRO RUNTIME 7.30 ...) listed under required buildtime sc's

2. Created a Development Configuration in CM Services with refference to that SC

-> Result: DTR shows a workspace with that DC and SC

3. Imported the DC in NWDS from SLD

-> Result: DC with SC is in NWDS but under DC Types everything is greyed out!!!

Obviously creating a new development component on that SC is impossible because no DC Type is available:

"Software component does not support this development component type. Required DCs are located in an SC that is not visible from the selected one."

So what am I missing? I'm not using CMS so there's not track!

Any suggestions are desperatly welcome!

Chers,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check this note:

#1584553 -- Cannot create DC project due to DC types being grayed out in NWDS DC project

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1584553)

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks for your answer. I'm aware that my SC doen't contain the required SAP SC. The CBS shows 0 DCs for the required SC. The note suggests to check in the required SCA files in the CMS track.

The installation I'm on is using CM Services not CMS as recommended by SAP for EP7.3 development. As far as I know you don't have a track then. So how/where do I tell the CBS where to find the dependencies?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the NWDI it says:

CM Services

The CM Services offer the possibility for setting up team development with centrally managed development configurations. It also supports automated deployment of build results onto central runtime system. The import and export service allow to import and export Software Component Archives (SCAs) of a development configuration. When a transport system is needed a development configuration can be integrated into the Change and Transport System (CTS+).

That might be it. Unfortunatly I can't find any documentation what to do.

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

CM Service is an advancement in the realm of NWDI domain.

According to future plans SAP is focused on the transport strategy that will be managed through CTS+

But this doesn't mean NWDI is completely going to become obsolete, only transport responsiblities of CMS are going to be taken by CTS+

After the Assembly step the Transport Objects are handed over to the CTS+ system for transport and deployment to the next runtime system.

The only thing that SAP is revolutionizing is the way how the Transport will be managed in the SAP univere.

In simple terms, SAP is gradually coming up with a modern and advanced way of UNIFIED and COMMON TRANSPORT mechanism across the SAP landscape, whether it is Java or ABAP Transport.

Now coming back to your doubt.

It is very clear from your query that the DC types in your Development configurations are greyed out indeed because of the missing build-time dependencies, in your Build-spaces.

So, even if you are using CM-Services instead of CMS, still you need to fill up the buildspaces specific to your development configurations with the dependent build archives.

So, please import those archives into your build-spaces as we used to do in the old days.

And then reimport your configurations and try again.

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I finally found the spot where to upload the required build archives into the CM Services. Keep in mind that there's no CMS configured and no track defined. It's actually discribed here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/82/889cc5a990490b856660c820922714/frameset.htm

1. You'll have set the import path according in your development configuration

2. You'll have to go to Related Links -> Import Management

3. import the required SCAs into your SC build-space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Robert, I'm stuck just like you were... I hope you can help me out?

What  import path did you set in your development configuration?

Also, do you have any expirience with configuring a runtime system in the development configuration? I am having a hard time providing the correct connection data...

With a configured runtime system you had to use the synchronize service instead of the import service but I think the outcome would be the same.

How do you handle deployment?

Cheers,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

The import path can point to any directory you place you SCA files in. Typically that would be:

\\myhost\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in

Your runtime system is the AS Java instance. So you'll have to supply the following parameters:

type: deply controller with secure connection

host: myhost

port: 50000 (depends on your instancenumer)

deploy user: j2ee_admin (or any that's got sufficiant rights)

password for deploy user

Deloyment should be handled by CBS. If proper configured you check in you changes in DTR and activate there. CBS should build and take care for deployment. So far we've never done that in customer projects cuze of a tide budget plan. That way we simply deploy from NWDS to whatever AS Java is configured locally.

Kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately I tried to set the values as proposed by you. I managed to set the repository location to

http://<myhost>:50000/dtr

and the build tool location to

http://<myhost>:50000/

where <myhost> is the fqn.

When I try to call the synchronize service with the deploy controller host and port set to

Host: <myhost>

Port: 50000

I receive the following error message:

ConnectionException: [ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1144] Could not establish connection to AS Java on [<myhost>:50000]. Cannot establish connection with any of the available profiles: url=<myhost>:50000 protocol=p4 (None); Reason: com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4IOException: Check if server is started, access point for the protocol is available, and IP/Host name is accessible on network.. Check if the host and port specified are correct and AS Java is up and running.

However, I didn't set the Import/Export path within the development configuration yet. Is it possible that this has sth. to do with the error? When I check the AS Java it is up and running. Also, I am using J2EE_ADMIN as the deploy user.

Kind regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

the import/export path has nothing to do with it.

If you open http://<myhost>:50000/dtr in a webbrowser, do you get the DTR view? If not you might wanna look into the correct J2EE port first. Could be 50100 depending on your installation instance.

Kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

DTR view is opening up as expected. So to me port 50000 seems to be right.

Kind regards,

Timo

Answers (0)