cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a default user group to Collaborator List in MA using script?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to add a default group to collaborator list in Master Agreement using script.

Please help in implementing this.

Thanks,

Saloni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

It's possible with scripting, but there is a simpler way to add default group as collaborators using Document Security Templates.

I would recommend trying this approach first. Document Security Template can be accessed from Setup > Document Setup. Under New Documents tab you can specify the group and the role.

If this doesn't meet your requirements, then you could consider scripting.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the information, its working.

I have the following requirement:

When a new MA is created the default user group must be added. This is working using Document Security Template.

Also, I want a particular user group to be added when MA is created using specific "Document type" instead of template document type.

Is there any way to add group based on document type used while creating MA, using Document Security Templates?

Or do we need to write script for the same.

Thanks,

Saloni

0 Kudos

You could set up Document Security Template by document type. Document Type field is on the Header tab of the Document Security Template.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I need to update previous Master Agreements with new user group added. Is there any way to update using setup-->Document Security Templates? If no, I need to write the script for the same.

I need to fetch "user group" from Groups and add it to Collaborator's list.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Saloni

0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

For MA's that already exist in the system, you could use the MA import template to add the user group.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can we find MA import template?

Thanks,

Saloni

0 Kudos

There are couple of different ways to get the MA template.

Go to Resource Guide and Click on Contract Import Workbook. The Contracts tab is the one you want. Make sure the UNIQUE_DOC_NAME matches the MA id.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but I didnt find link to Contract Import Workbook. Can you plz mention the steps for accessing the same.

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got steps from Help.

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Do I need to enter only UNIQUE_DOC_NAME on contract tab in excel sheet or the complete information? Also, do I need to import template for each MA in list?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Where do we need to add values. There are four columns, FIELD, TYPE, REQUIRED, NOTES. There is no column for value. Do we need to create a new column?

Please help me to add default Group specific to different Document type MA's.

Thanks,

Saloni

0 Kudos

The rows that start with # sign are comments. It's there to explain what each column is in the import template.The row that is important is the one that contains DISPLAY_NAME, DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION, EFFECTIVE_DATE, etc.These are the column headers and typically this row is highlighted.

Each MA you want to update should be in a separate row. There is no need to populate all the columns, just the ones you want to update.As I mentioned earlier, UNIQUE_DOC_NAME is the key. When the file is imported, the system will try to find the MA based on the value in the UNIQUE_DOC_NAME column and update the fields on the MA.

I'd suggest trying it first with couple of MAs. Once you feel comfortable with the process, you could update rest of the MAs.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks alot for your inputs. Its working now.

Here, I just want to know that for updating all the existing MA's, do we need to manually check each MA document type for what group needs to be added. Is there any way to update the user group of MA's automatically checking the document type.

Also, want to know is this the right approach to update the existing MA's. Is it required to write a script instead for the same?

Thanks,

Saloni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

As Vikram mentioned, this technique of updating attributes on existing Master and Sub Agreements available in E-Sourcing is called a mass change exercise. One typically does this in a situation when for example, the Owner of MA / SA leaves the organization. Here we use this mass change method to change the ownership of all MA / SA from the previous owner to the new owner as designated by the Business. The 2 fields that are updated on the workbook in this example are DOC_OWNER_USER and UNIQUE_DOC_NAME.

Similarly, if you need to add more collaborators for MAs / SAs, then also the same approach is advisable and the fields that need to be updated are COLLABORATOR_1, COLLABORATOR_2 etc. along with UNIQUE_DOC_NAME

The ROLE of the collaborators while making mass changes via the above mentioned way is again determined by your Document security template. In the template there is a tab named "New Collaborators". In this you can specify whether the Default collaborator role should be Collaborator, Approver, Stakeholder etc. Based on what the value is on this field, the new collaborators get assigned to this role.

Also, there is no need to update the DOC_TYPE field for these type of changes since the intent is not to change the document type of the MA. Also, just FYI, once the MA is created of a specific type, it cannot be updated via this technique.

There is no need to perform scripting for such kind of requirements. Again the thumb rule is that if you are trying to update meta data on an existing MA / SA, then the mass change exercise is the simplest and most effective way of meeting the requirement.

Hope this helps,

Vikram Shukla

Answers (0)