cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOPZ: There is no system for the selected product version in solman 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I set 2 system for running MOPZ, i.e. SM2 (solman 7.1 product) and BD1(sapnw73 product). I have configured MOPZ and now the process is runningwell for SM2 product version, but there is still problem for BD1 system. The following message comes up when choosing sapnw73 product version:

"There is no system for the selected product version"

I have the same steps with SM2 product version, but it is not working for BD1, do i miss a step?

Is it possible to get stack.xml for sapnw73 product using solman71 product version (SM2)?

Please advise.

Regards,

Rudi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rudi,

Have you chosen a relevant product instance for BD1 in the landscape maintenance workcenter?

Is the system BD1 assigned to a logical component and the logical component assigned to a solution ?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Is the tcode SOLMAN_WORKCENTER?

yes, i have assigned BD1 to a logical component and assigned it to a solution.

Regards,

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you go through the landscape verification tool for your managed system (BD1).

You need to do this to make sure the product system is correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kroone,

I run this verification, but there is no system at all in the list.

Regards,

Rudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

What steps did you take?

As per my knowledge this is what you should do:

Go to tx solman_workcenter (or directly with nwbc)

Choose tab Solution Manager Configuration

Choose Managed Systems Configuration

Select your system (BD1 should be in the list) and click configure.

In the first step choose Goto Landscape Verification Tool (make sure the service is activated, wda_e2e_landscape_verification).

The tool might need to synchronize, wait for it to finish (usually doesn't take longer then 15 minutes).

Your system should already be highlighted, most likely with a red rating.

Choose Add Product System.

Select the Product Version from the dropdown (i.e. SAP ERP - SAP ERP 2004)

Click next, select your available technical system BD1 and place in right collumn.

Finish and confirm the wizzard.

Now the product version should be in smsy correctly and you should be able to get on with your mopz transaction.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David & all,

Currently, i am setting up LMDB and want to migrate SMSY to LMDB, however the message tells that SAP software catalog is not up to date.

Actually, what is SAP software catalog means here? since i have updated SAP CR content and cim file to the latest one.

This is fyi:

Model Version (sld/active): 1.6.21

SAP CR Content Version (sld/active): SAP_CR 7.5 (produced 10/13/2011)

SLD Version: 7.0204.20100713093201.0000

Build: 20100713 0936, Depot: //sdt/com.sap.lcr/NW702_04_REL, Changelist: 89522

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Rudi

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post back when LMDB is configured.

By the sound of it, you still had not configured SMSY correctly. Did you select a relevant product instance for your Netweaver system? What product version did you assign in SMSY? Is it assigned to a logical component? Is the logical component assigned to a solution? Is the system 'put in solution' in the solution landscape maintenance?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

That's the problem, when assigning logical component in SMSY the message states: "SYSTEM NOT in LMDB"

The selected system is not in the Landscape Management Database (LMDB).

Migrate the system if possible. For further information about migration,

see the LMDB documentation.

When doing migration from SMSY to LMDB (in setup preparation), the system says: Software catalog in LMDB is not up-to-date, please see SAP note 669669 as the SAP CR and CIM are the latest already.

Please advise.

Regards,

Rudi

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

As per my understanding, MOPZ is still depending on SMSY and you can work with SMSY for XML generation. Assign your product version in SMSY, create solution and ensure your system is assigned to correct component in logical component. Also, you may need techical system editor to configure your instance instead of SMSY.

Probably you can just try to assign your instance to product version SAP Netweaver and then go to change product assignment by adding in SAP NW73. Ensure both are active. Save, run MOPZ and see how it goes.

Cheers,

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang