cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Level Hardware Requirements - Netweaver 7.0 and Netweaver 7.3 Upgrades

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I order to negotiate new Hardware with our supplier, i need to understand future needs regarding some upgrades we may still have.

I have two systems:

A SAP Netweaver 6.40 (with Adobe Document Services) which will be upgraded to Netweaver 7.0 SP23 and will have NWDI.

A SAP Netweaver CE 7.1 EHP1 which will be upgraded to SAP Netweaver 7.3.

I need to have a estimate for the new hardware needs. I don't want detail right now, just some documentation from SAP with estimate like "... The estimate needs for a upgrade will be 10 to 15% more CPU, 15 to 20% more Memory..." (not just hints based on experience, should be SAP docs stating that).

Can any of you direct me on this documentation, trying to find something like that in SAP but it's not being easy and i need this for a meeting in about 2 hours...

Thanks for all the help you can give me...

Best Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the upgrades there are some recommendations related to disk size but for RAM and CPU it depend upon the your usage scenario. Upgrade does not demand additional resources. But if you don't have enough resources on the server then upgrade might run slow. So, What i will recommend to you is- do the proper sizing of your target system depends upon what scenario you use with quicksizer tool and then upgrade your server resource before you start the upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny