Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segregation of basic data access at vendor, specifically bank details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a FI issue where i want to remove authorization to view Vendor General data(tcode FK03).This i can do successfully, by removing object F_LFA1_GEN from the role.

However the authorization to view the Vendor's bank data is still there when used F4 help on 'Partner Bank' field in tcode FK10N

I dont find any specific authorization object to block/ the F4 help only in this case.

What could be the best way to remove this access

Do i need to create custom authorization object, if yes then what information we need to proivde to ABAP'ers

Regards,

Suresh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ask them to modify the search help to add in the auth check that you are using to control visibility to the data via the transaction. This can be done in the search help exit. Your developer will be able to do the rest.

0 Kudos

I heard about a project (within SAP) to harmonize the checks in the search helps. In the User Admin area in was solved by [a BADI|https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=1537159&_NLANG=E] but for ERP type master data I believe it is now standard checks (since about half a year or so).

Cheers,

Julius