cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have selection screen in print program w/ output type?

krishna_k17
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. Is it possible to have selection screen in driver program and is assigned to output type with transmission medium 8?

If yes does this print program will display selection screen it has when print program is triggered.

and can any body give me steps i need to follow to write driver program and config .

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, sure that is possible.

Just design a executable driver program.

You may have notice that when customizing it for a certain OT in NACE you can give program name AND routine name.

So when an OT is beeing printed the "normal" way it directly triggers said routine of your program, and so NOT pop up selections screen, as this comes only up when executing the program.

krishna_k17
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for you prompt response.

You mean directly executing the executable report without triggering through output type right?

If so do we have any other alternative approach to achieve this task.

Best Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

probabaly i didnt quite understood what you really need.

What i understood is:

You need a driver program that can be called directly AND via a normal output type customized via NACE or similar.

So regar my first answer to this one

What i understand now is:

That you need a normal driver program which gets called via the output type but still processes a selection screen.

It is possible, not advisable tho.

You got the command CALL SELECTION SCREEN, which you could code in your coresponding ENRTY routine, or you could just bring a popup asking for some values to be filled out.

But you´d be restricted a lot.

E.G. when NAST-VSZTP is 4 (Print when document is saved), the output type is beeing processed in update task. Sending Dynpros, selections screens or popups in update task, will cancel the update task and bring up a short dump.

Same goes for massprintjobs, even if its "only" background task there.

maybe you just want to explain to us what you want to achieve and hopefully someone around (maybe me) has an idea how to get your requirement solved in another way.

/edit did some formatting since it was a hard reading.

Edited by: Florian Kemmer on Oct 28, 2011 1:36 PM