cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Incoterm in billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement of replacing incoterm while creating billing document (intercompany invoice).

to describe it further, value of incoterm in invoice gets copied from sales order. lets suppose incoterm in sales order is FOB (as maintained in customer master data "A0001"). but the incoterm for intercompany payer (as maintained in the master data of PAYER "B0001") is EXW. Now my client wants to have incoterm as EXW in intercompany invoice and not as FOB.

As in sales order incoterm is FOB so in intercomany billing system is taking incoterm as FOB automaticly.

I want incoterm in intercompany invoice as per PAYER master data. How can I achive this. Also I dont want to do any modification in copy control as it may effect other process as well.

please give your solution on this

Regards,

BKR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravindra_chava
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Biplab Rout,

I got same requirement from my client

Sales order intcoterms are CFT Same is copying into intercompany invoice,

Bussiness needs intercompany Payer incoterms EXW in intercompany invoice.

Thanks in Advance

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Try userexit MV45AFZZ.

I like to share few info with you, correct me if anywhere I'm wrong:

- [Incoterms|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms] determine the so called * critical points for three different fields of responsibility:

1. The risk (insurance)

2. The costs (freight, duties, etc.)

3. The documents

• Critical points indicate where the resposibility of the seller transfers to the responsibility of the buyer.

Thus, this means it would reflects on all the delv doc during.

So, my question to is, If you want to change incoterms after GI, what is the need? Please justify.

Regards

JP

Edited by: J Prakash on Oct 28, 2011 4:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J Prakash,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, the three critical point you have mention is correct. but that signify in regular sale. here I am talking about intercompany billing. The Incoterm mentioned in Sales order and the delivery document is between seller (company) and buyer (customer). But intercompany invoice is between 1 company (who created the sales order) and another company (delivers the material from its plant). so here the incoterm mentioned in sales order is invalid. instead, here the incoterm is as per agreement between 1 company with another.

for example in sales order incoterm is FOB because the customer has asked for Free on board.

but for intercomany agreement the incoterm is EXW (ex works) and the manufacturing plant doesnot take the responsibility of logistic.

currently, while creating interco invoice, system taking incoterm as FOB (from sales order) and not EXW

this is the reason my client wants to change the incoterm in intercompany invoice with the value mentioned in payer cust master

Hope this jusify the business requirement.

Regards,

BKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BKR,

I think if we mention the different payer in sale order header level or item level during the invoice creation the payer inco terms

are come in to the picture.

Ex: in sale order sold to party 100000

change the Payer 100000 to 500000

during the invoice creation system will consider 500000 customer master data as well as inco terms.

if not need to change the copy controls.here i am providing the smiler case link.

regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this is not possible for intercompany invoice I guess. Because the Payer in intercompany invoice gets determined from configuration and not from sales order.