Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Spreadsheet as MIME Object in Web dynpro

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to link a spreadsheet in a Web dynpro so that if an employee click on a button or URL, that that spreadsheet opens and that the person can use that spreadsheet. For specific reasons I cannot save the spreadsheet anywhere, except create it in the web dynpro as a MIME Object.

I have created the MIME folder and the object under the Web dynpro component, and if I click on the object, it opens the spreadsheet correctly, but when I run the application in Test and click on the button to open the spreadsheet, it does not open.

I have created a LINKTOURL and entered the MIME Object name next to reference.

Not sure what else I am suppose to do for it to open when I click on the LINTOURL.

Could someone please assist?

Regards

Debbie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, I got much further with this info. Where do I link my actual spreadsheet with the info that I want to display? Currently I see the Office Component on my Web Dynpro screen before I click on Test.

Regards

Debbie

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

Please follow the below steps:

1. Add your excel sheet as Mime object

2. Create OfficeControl UI

3. Create one attribute (let say EXCEL of type XSTRING) in context tab .

4. Bind Datasource property of office control to EXCEL

5. change documentType to ms_excel.

6. Add the below code in WDDOINIT METHOD.

<< Moderator message - Cut and paste response from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/15a40b56080d1be10000000a114a6b/content.htm removed and points unassigned. Plagiarism is not allowed in SCN >>

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 5, 2012 5:35 PM

DebbieCloud
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kiran. You answered my question; it is working. Thanks so much for helping. Will allocate points to you now.

Regards

Debbie

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use Office control UI element . check this help docu http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d1/af8841349e1909e10000000a155106/content.htm

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran