SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prob regarding register group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am a fresher in ISU DM.

I have taken the a register group with predecimal places as 4 and decimal places 2 .

The problem is when the meter reading is more than 4 digits that is more than 9999,I am getting an error.

what can i do to overcome ths.

I know that we can use resetting register for this purpose.but I think it can not be used with

Cumulative consumption register.Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Sundar

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please maintain proper entries in the Register Group.If your meter reading would have more than 4 digits (pre decimal) you should maintain the same exact digits in the register group also.

Resetting register is not required.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I can understand.But IF case if meter reading has more than 4 digits and

register has only 4 dogits.Please take this secnario and explain me .

Also in what case the resetting meters are used ?

Waiting for ur reply.

Thanks in advance,

Sundar

0 Kudos

Hi Sunder,

Can you please explain how your meter reading will be more than 4 predecimal digits when your Register group can store/display only upto 4 predecimal digits.

when we create devices in SAP we assign register groups(predecimal/post decimal) according to the number of pre/post decimal places it can read.So this problem should not occur ever. hope this clarifies.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

Edited by: Rakesh Dasgupta on Oct 28, 2011 3:02 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for quick reply.

Let us take case where first we have preconfigured the register with four pre decimal places

and later we came to know that it is going to be more than four.then can you propose a solution for this.

Thanks,

Sundar

0 Kudos

hi,

You would have to modify the device (Transaction Code EG42)

Change the register group here.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

hi,

You would have to modify the device (Transaction Code EG42)

Change the register configuration here or you can change the register group also.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

Edited by: Rakesh Dasgupta on Oct 28, 2011 3:15 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Sorry for asking same question again.

Can you plase tell me a scenario where and how to use a resetting register.

Thanks,

Sundar

0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

Can we modify the device or change its register configuration in case the meter readings available after activity date for that device by EG42.

when I am trying to change I am getting error message :"Device ##: MR documents exist after activity date. Activity denied"

Please reply.

Thanks,

Harshal

0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

Nope ,you can modify the device only if there are no MR after the activity date.

Also it won't work for future date.

Hope this helps.

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

same thing I had observed but what can be the solution in case of MR exist??

Thanks,

Harshal

0 Kudos

HI Harshal,

If meter reading comes more than the digits specified it's known as "Meter overflow". The solution is to assign a validation class. Once you assign any validation class it wont allow meter overflow. For eg: Suppose u have defined 4 predecimal place and the consumption is say 10000 , then instead of entering 10000 you have to enter 1. The system will bill for 10000 - Previous consumption ,for cumilative consumption . If you enter meter reading as 1 without assigning a validation class then it will throw an error same is if u use a resetting register with cumilating consumption .

Afsal

former_member421468
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Resetting register can be used for the reading which is to be reset after the Meter reading taken. for example, maximum demand & power factor of installation for particular billing period is recorded & is reset to zero after the meter reading taken by the reader.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Harshal