cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Management in stand alone environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer belong to professional service(IT delivery service) industry.

And they want to manage their projects by using PPM 5.0(cProjects).

One of my customer's requirement is managing their projects in stand alone environment.

That is to say, project manager excute the project in the customer site after contracting their customer project.

But customer forbid him to set network environment as VPN because of customer's securiy policy.

Can I meet custome's requirement by using cProjects.

Could you give me any good solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jae,

SAP PPM (or cProjects) is not usable in a standalone environment. You need a connection to the server to make it work. So you won't achieve your requirement lile this.

If you really want to use SAP PPM:

One option could be however to use the import/export function with MS Project and use MS Project when you are working by your customer. You can then upload your changes in SAP PPM system when back to your office (or when you reach your network via VPN).

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your solution.

As you said, if it use import/export function with MS Project, what are any other consideration points?

for example, If I upload my changes in SAP PPM system when bact to my office, can I upload all input data of MS project?

In oredr to do field mapping, must I do any other working addtionally?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Almost all data can be updated.

You can configure a mapping between SAP & MS fields at export & import.

Please have a look to: IMG -> SAP Portfolio & Project Management -> Project Management -> Global Enhancement to Project Elements -> Transfer Data to Project Management

Matthias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the cProjects (PPM5.0) is the SAP solution provided for the such type of project management requirements only. You can use cProjects as standalone Project management solution, wherein you can plan, execute and monitor your projects from remote locatuons (customer site). You can use cProjects by using NWBC on HTML and / or Enterprise portal (EP). Please read for SAP Help and other SAP PPM 5.0 reference documents to get more details about how it will fit in your requirement.

Regards,

Pramod

0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe the cProjects (PPM5.0) is the SAP solution provided for the such type of project management requirements only. You can use cProjects as standalone Project management solution, wherein you can plan, execute and monitor your projects from remote locatuons (customer site). You can use cProjects by using NWBC on HTML and / or Enterprise portal (EP). Please read for SAP Help and other SAP PPM 5.0 reference documents to get more details about how it will fit in your requirement.

Regards,

Pramod