cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges for Purchasing Info Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Number range interval for Purchase info record can be created and assign to group and there are two group for Stock and Non Stock materials.

Now my query is how the system pick the number range ??? Since we don't have any assignment like PR,PO

My requirement is we have 3 company code - I need to have different number ranges for purchase Info record for each company . Guide me to achieve ...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has provided only Two standard document Types for Pur. Info Records.

IL for Stock Material ( with matl No.)

IN For material Group (w/o MMR).

By default, if you enter Matl No. in the initial screen, system automatically picks the doc. type IL and the no. range assigned to it.

If you're not entered matl. no. in the initial screen, and proceed the Transaction further, system picks the doc. type IN and prompts you to enter Matl Group.

In the second case, the system picks up the no. range as per assignment.

Here in your case, you want create a new no. range and assign to your IL/ IN.

For this, you go to the transaction Define No. Ranges in Inforecord, from menu bar, choose Group-> maintain. Here you maintain your new no. range with a name. Now your new group is created with your required no. range.

Then select your new group ( Check box), select, IL, and click assign button and save.. Your IL is assigned to your new group and system picks the new No. Range when you are creating a Inforecord with Mat No. Similarly, you can change No. range for IN also.

or one more option you have.

In the first screen of No. Ranges Transaction, select change intervals tab button, you'll be goto intervals screen. There, from Menu bar, choose Interval-> change current No. Then you reset your current no. to Zero, save it. The again choose Change Interval, then in that screen, change the Interval with your new no. range.

Here in the second case, u need not maintain new groups. Just changing the Interval for the existing group.

You can adopt any one of these options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalita,

Thanks for your quick reply . I got your point but my requirement i need to have different ranges for different company code.

i.e For Purchase Info record for Company code 1000 should have to start with 55 series

For Purchase Info record for Company code 2000 should have to start with 66 series

How to achieve this ...

regards

anand

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a purchasing info record is stored with general data (combination of material and vendor; or material group and vendor) in table EINA, at this level no plant and purchasing org is known, hence no company code either. but the info record has to have a number there.

So it is not possible to make your wish become true.

the EINE level is just the item level (plant and purchasing org), you cannot base you number logic on this level .

What if the material vendor combination is used in 2 companies? you would potentially create 2 records instead of 1.

That is in general not a huge problem for the info record.

But the source determination process has to access the right info record then, which means you have modify many other SAP programs ........

I have never spend a real thought about this meaningless internal number, from my point of view, it should not even beeing displayed anywhere. IWe are just using the SAP proposed number range in all the system we have.

I do not use ME12, I train my users to change info records via ME1M or ME1L lists, it is much easier and quicker to find the info record, than thru F4 helps in ME12

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally the PIR number ranges are defined gor stock and non stock materials. If you want to create for company code create new number range and assighn it to group. Please check below link for the group creation. Give company code values in group. Hope it works. Thanking you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padamsri,

Guide me to give the company code value in the number range group. Where i have to assign the company code in the group ?

so that it picks the number interval based upon the company code.

Regards

anand