cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error During Import ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing ECC 6.0 on a Windows 2003 Server with Oracle 10g.

At phase 17 of 45, the 'Import Monitor jobs' shows 43 of a total of 72 jobs completed and then the rest of the jobs fail. I checked the log of 6 of the failed jobs and each of them have the same error (I assume all 29 have the same issue):

ORA-04031: Unable to allocate 4108 bytes of shared memory.

Any ideas on how I should correct this?

Thanks,

D. Banks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Banks,

i was having exactly the same problem. And i managed to solve the problem. ofcourse the problem as indicated by the message is because of shared memory pool.

Actually after checking the DB parameters what i found out was the defined shared pool size was less then half the SAP's recommended shared pool size in normal circumstances which is 400MB. in my case the shared pool defined was around 160MB. I just reconfigured the parameter "shared_pool_size" (to 400MB)in init<sid>.ora which u can find at \oracle\<sid>\database. and also adjusted another parameter which is "shared_pool_reserved_size" i.e. 10% of the shared_pool_size.

After reconfiguring the parameters i just restarted the DB and ran the setup again. process ran smoothly after that.

joachimvanpraet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was also facing this problem, this helped me out!

Thanks!

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Check the relavant logs, how much size shud u need to allocate to shared pool area..then stop the installation..stop the SAP and oracle DB,including services..then make changes in

shared_pool_size and 10% of shared_pool_size to shared_pool_reserved_size

in \oracle\sid\release\database\initsid.ora

then start the service,database,sap and resume the installation...

Kind Regards

Umesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi umesh

as u said i tried stoppping the db,where as i am not able to do so.i get a error called ora-12650 tns:protocol adapter error.i am struggling in this place for long time.i have formated the drive several times and reinstalled it several times but the error message shared pool memory occurs

i am not able to fix this since i am not able to login to database.apart from that my services are started except one,the oracleisql*plus service refuse to start all time whenever my installation gets failed,u have told to stop sap before stopping db,what do u mean by stop sap.

i am trying to install ecc6.0 in my external drive which is 260gb with ram size 2gb

i would really appericiate,if your valuable opinion given as soon as possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly Stooping SAP means stopping the SAP Application though SAP MMC...

Secondly u need to have the service:oracleisql*plus running at any cost;what eerror do u get? ....ora-12650 tns:protocol adapter error is a very generic error....R u loogged in though <sid>adm? Are all the enviroment variables set?

Gurewitsch_IT
Explorer
0 Kudos

swap -l