Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deal All,

<u><b>We have install SAP ERP Central Component 5.0</b></u>

My requirement is , I need to open a AutoCAD file (.dwg) in sap CAD Desktop.

For this I need install any AutoCAD related software in my system? After execute the CDESK Tcode, I’m entering value (Path Name) in working Directory field but I’m getting below error.

"The directory does not exist, or cannot be created".

Can any one help on this problem?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I m quite new to SAP and Autocad both. I m working on SAP-Autocad interface development since last 2 months hence i know a bit about it so thought of telling u may be this is of some use to u

To open a DWG file in CDESK u need to have the Autocad s/w installed on ur system this is because when u tell SAP to open any type of file first it saves its original copy in a temp folder and to store any dam type of a file u need to have the application that supports that type

of file

there is some s/w called EI viewer I dont know much functionality of it but i guess its required for the drawings involving 3D view

Let me know if this is of some use to u

Thanks&Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear namrata pandey ,

Thanks for your reply....Exactly this our requirment.

Can you tell us more details on this.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please visit the site given below and navigate through the links as given

http://service.sap.com/plm

Life-Cycle Process Support>Product Development> Integration>MCAD Integration>CAD-Desktop

click on link for "FAQs regarding CAD desktop 2.0 questions".

here u will find various questions which will resolve ur doubts

I think this would be of good use to u I have also referred the same place for my reference

Message was edited by: namrata pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Arun,

Please visit the site given below and navigate through the links as given

http://service.sap.com/plm

Life-Cycle Process Support>Product Development> Integration>MCAD Integration>CAD-Desktop

click on link for "FAQs regarding CAD desktop 2.0 questions".

here u will find various questions which will resolve ur doubts

I think this would be of good use to u I have also referred the same place for my reference

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP PLM and we want to use SAP PLM to interface with AutoCAD.

Any suggestion for the installation part for SAP part( ERP6.0)? any documentation we should use or follow?

thanks.

Yihui

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arun,

Did you implemented the autocad interface ?

Cad desktop is like a cockpit for all external cad interfaces.Cad desktop is a place from where you can do things like check out ,chech in ,status switch etc (read documentation on help.sap.com) .

Cadesktop also generates a cad key in a working directory specified by user ( and lots of logs also).

This key is the "key" for establisihing a link between the cad file and sap for a particular session.

Cad desktop doesnot open a cad file in SAP.

make sure what exactly u need to do.

Regds,

Satya.