cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository gets outdated after unarchiving.Unable to Update the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

At present, we are working with SAP MDM 7.1 SP7 in a sandbox environment ( Windows). Now that, we have a new MDM development server set up in Unix, I want to transfer my repository which was built in MDM Sandbox (Windows) to MDM development (Unix).

The new Development server hosts both MDS and DBMS on the same physical machine. I did the following to move my repository to the development:

1. Archived the repository in MDM Sandbox

2. Copied the archive .a2a file from Archives directory in MDM Sandbox(Windows) and pasted it to archive directory in MDM Development (Unix).

3. Mounted the MDM development server.

4. Unarchived the .a2a file in MDM development( Unix).

After the Unarchive process, the repository gets displayed in the Console, but the status of the unarchived repository in console is displayed as "Outdated"

So, I tried updating the repository by clicking the Update Repository option from the context menu in Console. When I do so, it throws an error message " Error updating Database Schema must use MDM server version 1.012 first"

I am not getting any clue as to what is the issue here. Request your advice to solve this issue.

Best Regards

Manoj

Edited by: PT MANOJ on Oct 28, 2011 3:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please verify the repository,repair (if required,take a backup before you repair) an retest the scenario.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please update.

regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This error may be due to the version mis-match of the both the servers and database.

please check the version and update.

One option you may try is check the repository on the windows system, repair and fix any error you encounter and then transfer the file to Unix system.

kindly update your outcome

regards,

Abhishek