cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Flag Customers in Customer Master (in SD)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've read a few earlier posts regarding customer master and since I could not find an answer for my query I am posting it here.

I have a question regarding the customer master in SD: Is there a way to Flag Customers for reporting purposes in Customer Master for SAP SD.

Is there some standard funtionality in SAP to do so ?

We have a few customers that belog to the US governmnet and due to government regulations if we do certain amount of busniess with them or gov agencies or government contractors we need to send the gov a formal report.

So for this reason we need to flag customers so we can run reports and see how much is being done.

I wanted to know if there are some other users/ companies that are doing this and if so how are they handlling such situations?

I would appreciate if some one could help me with this as this is knid of an urgent requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has given some standard report based on those reports you can see the sales values for customer,material,based on sales orders and billing document etc.. like this.

but if you want to see theese reports frist you have to configure this (LIS Logistics Information System)

Path:SPRO>Logistics-General>Logistics information system>Logistics data warehouse>Updating>Updating control>Settings:Sales, here you have to set in statistic group,update group settings.

Againe here defined statistic groups are assigned in customer master fro the field statistic group in sales area data>sales tab.

Likewise you can also activate based on material and sales documents in above specified path.

Thank you,

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Neha Bhatyal ,

If you are using a seperate account group for these govt customers, then you can also use that for your reporting purpose.

Or i have a feel that for such sales you will be using a seperate dis channel or sales order type.

If so, you can use those criteria's also for the data fetch.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

You can make use of the customer attribute fields available in customer master.

Rename one of the attribute according to your requirement with values of Y or N.

If a customer attribute is Yes , development team can use that as an indicator for government customer to fetch the sales done for those customers.

Else if your business has seperate sales office and sales group for government sales you can use that as well for identification.

Regards,

MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also refer to OSS note 504169.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the customer statistic group field in the customer master -> sales area data->sales tab. Normally this field is used to update the information structure(s).

Regards,