cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String data passed from SAP to SUP converting to Hex

0 Kudos

I am passing data to my MBO to be used in a mobile workflow, the data type from SAP is type String passing in to a type String in the MBO. The data from SAP has been encoded in Base64 to be used in the AttachmentViewer. When I preview the function module in the MBO, the string of data is correct in the Base64 format. However, when i view it on a mobile workflow screen, it looks like the data has been converted from the Base64 to Hex. I have another string in the function module that is working correctly, any ideas what would case this conversion to Hex?

Jeff Mathieson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member745479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

We tried Attachment viewer with workflow. It worked for us.

However, we tried it with SQL anywhere backend and the format was Base64 encoding. I don't have access to SUP now;however, if I can recall you have to properly mention the attributes for attachment viewer in SUP workflow editor. Please check the attribute settings once.

Regards,

Viju

0 Kudos

The conversion from Base64 to Hex doesn't seem to have anything to do with the AttachmentViewer, it looks to be converting when the BAPI is 1st called from SAP. I put an EditBox on my screen just to see the data and I can see there that it has been converted to Hex. It works correctly in the MBO preview so I'm fairly confident that the BAPI is correct.