cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME SDK - WebServices Deployment to a Production Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone else out there was having the same problems that I was having while developing a Web Service through the SDK Eclipse environment?

I followed the tutorials within the "SDK Training.pdf";; that came with taking the SDK class and was able to create the Web Service (page 264) without any problems on my development server. Deployed through the Eclipse environment. However when performing an actual build to be deployed on a Production server the Web Services were not carried over cleanly.

I did manage to get it all working after a lot of trial and error as well as creating a new directory structure to place the wsdl files in, which ironically is the same directory structure on the development server (a good thing that I have a 😧 on both the dev and prod server). Not a very pretty situation. It should come all nice and neat for a production build similar to deploying the SAPME.sca file.

I was just wondering if anyone else in the community had the same problems that I did?

Also, was wondering if there was any future enhancements to the SDK to make this process more streamlined?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Please refer to the SDK Implementation Guide as you're primary source of information. It has much more comprehensive coverage of the topics while the training material presents more of a summary that supplements but does not replace the guide.

Not sure I understand the difficulty with the production build, but the recommendation is that the production build system should synchronize all sources through the source control system. So the developer would first check in the \extension directory (full directory tree and files) so that it would be available to the production build system via its source control client. Once that is done you need only run the "run.production.build" Ant target to produce the SUA that contains core + extensions. This has to be run through the ME installer using the Update option in order to product the final SCA.

This is as steamlined as the process will be until ME 6.1. Here we will be moving the SDK to NWDI/NWDS and will be dropping the ME installer. In addition the extensions you write will also be packaged in their own SCA, and as such, will be deployable separately from the core ME SCA. So build, source control, and transport of extensions will all be managed under NWDI and standard SAP tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

I have already done exactly as you suggested, which is also documented in the training information for a production build. I am able to get all of my custom code/activities/jsp pages working within ME without any issues. However, I was not able to get to my web services through the JSP pages that I wrote. Following the example in the Training Documentation given to us from the SAP Trainer.

To get this to work I had to take the <vendor>Web.sda.ear file and move that to my Production server to install and run. That is the part that I was dicussing it not being a clean install.

I will take another look at the SDK Implementation Guide, however the Training Doc has examples, which many people, including myself learn best from.

My question was really has anyone else in the community run into this same issue? As well as, are there any improvements?

You have answered the second question with regards to ME 6.1. I appreciate and thank you for that.

I am looking forward to the ME 6.1 ramp up and release.

Thanks,

Mike