cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 11.2 on SAP system prerequisites

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day people,

i have to make an Oracle upgrade from Release 10.2.0.4.0 to 11.2.0.2.

My current system is AIX 64 bit, SAP Kernel release 700 , level 287.

Now the problem is that i understood that i have to bring the SAP_BASIS component from my current level 700_013

to at least 700_022 and if this is true should i also update the other components like SAP_BW from 700_015 to above 22?

Please i would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as i would be very happy not to make the stack upgrade before switching to 11.2.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where did you get this info about SAP_BASIS ?

As far as I know, you need to be at ECC 6 SR3, that's it.

Please go through the Note 1398634 - Oracle database 11g: Integration in SAP environment, for SAP NW 7.0

Please go through the Note 774615 - Support Package levels of ERP/ECC installations/upgrades to get to know what SR3 means in terms of SP level.

Please share the info source with us.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thank you for answering in such a prompt time.

I was studying GUIDE_UX_ORA_UPGR_112_201.pdf it is provided by SAP as an installation guide and there is a point that states:

"3.8Checking the SAP System Prerequisites

Procedure

For SAP systems 7.XX, apply SAP Notes 1416108, 1414733, and 1433301 if you are running any of the following support packages:

SAP_BASIS 7.00 SP21

SAP_BASIS 7.01 SP06

SAP_BASIS 7.02 SP02

SAP_BASIS 7.10 SP10

SAP_BASIS 7.11 SP05

SAP_BASIS 7.20 SP02

This resolves an error in an ABAP program that causes it to report problems during the consistency checks within transaction SE14. This error is seen only after the database has been upgraded to Oracle 11.2.

The error is fixed in later support packages."

Now, i have SAP_BASIS 7.00 SP13 ... and if i do the upgrade it won't affect in a way the installation knowing that around 9 levels are missing from the "error free" level of stack.

I might be wrong about this and there is no "minimum" stack level for BASIS or the rest of the components but i just wanted to make sure that someone did it with similar system like mine and it worked.

I checked those S-notes and they are very very good especially 774615 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

These three SAP Notes you mentioned are something different and you do not need to upgrade your SP level just for these 3 corrections.

Apply these 3 notes via SNOTE in the system where you are going ahead for Oracle 11g Upgrade.

However, your system's SP level is quite low in 'general' and you should think about upgrading it in very near future.

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

> For SAP systems 7.XX, apply SAP Notes 1416108, 1414733, and 1433301 if you are running any of the following support packages:

> SAP_BASIS 7.00 SP21

> SAP_BASIS 7.01 SP06

> SAP_BASIS 7.02 SP02

> SAP_BASIS 7.10 SP10

> SAP_BASIS 7.11 SP05

> SAP_BASIS 7.20 SP02

> This resolves an error in an ABAP program that causes it to report problems during the consistency checks within transaction SE14. This error is seen only after the database has been upgraded to Oracle 11.2.

> The error is fixed in later support packages."

Hello,

To rectify the planning, I need to say, we need to apply above mentioned three Notes only when we have any of the above mentioned SP level in our system. In any SID, if the current SP level for SAP_BASIS is 'not one of the above mentioned ones' then we even don't need to apply above 3 SAP Notes via SNOTE.

Thanks for understanding !

Answers (0)