cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP: Determining Nearest DC to ship from

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have scenario where based on customer location, we would like gatp to substitute location ( delivery plant) based on nearest distribution center. For example, Product A is stocked and can be shipped from 2 distribution centers. Sufficient stock is available at both locations. We would like system to substitute and propose location which is nearest to the customer to optimise cost.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for both of you for the responses. User Exit is last option I would consider. I heard in one of the recent SAP world Conf someone mentioning this as standard functionality but unfortunately could not get more details hence posted here. I will try to reach out directly to SAP IBU to get specific details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

An alternate provision is you can maintain relative costs against location-product substitution procedure. If nearest DC would implicitly mean lowest cost then a rule with such a procedure can be called for a named ship-to. I set it up once to test and recall it did apparently consider the rule that I wanted based more or less on the same business case you have but I am not exactly sure if this was the only reason why the rule with such a procedure was called.

you can test it out quickly though.

Regards

L

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I take back the answer. The case I just checked had a different context though idea was to model costs in rule. I did this long long back.

To answer your question, I dont think there is a straight neat way. You have to try what Michael suggested.

check this documentation on costs in rules

*Rules-based ATP: Penalty costs for location determination

Penalty costs for the current location determination.

By assigning costs, you can prioritize location determinations.

The prioritization is NOT cross-procedural. It is sorted in ascending order. If two determinations have the same location costs, the location number of the substitute location is used for sorting. Costs may not be lower than zero.

Note

You cannot assign costs for location determination procedures with type 0 (CHAIN) because the substitution sequence is fixed*

Regards

L

0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

In general this is not possible I think. You could maybe define a rule for each shipto where you define the substitution DCs starting with the nearest...otherwise you have to implement this logic in a userexit.

best regards,

Michael