Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIC - owner org drop list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I need help u2026!

We have two service centres let say HR1 & HR2.

We have different profile for HR1 & HR2 and my questions is if HR2 logs an activity and process and while processing they will assign to HR1 but I want restrict owner drop list.

How can we achieve this.

Thanks,

R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

Can you give your hand on my issue please.

Thanks,

R

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand your scenario there is no standard way to achieve this requirement and I would look to do a custom development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret ,

thanks for your reply and I thought so same , I requrested developer to write conditions

eg : Identify user Org unit if they are coming from HR operation SW and HR operation NE only then apply the below conditions otherwise as is process.

1) if user selects HRSS East or HRSS West orgunit in u2018Owner org unit fieldu2019 on screen then u2018Owneru2019 field should u2018Gray outu2019

Please correct if I am worng in saying.

Thanks,

Ravi

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it is a custom requirement you would be in the best position to determine the appropriate logic to provide the developer and my only recommendation would be to ensure you do a lot of detailed testing both of the new functionality and the overall tool (regression testing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

I spoke to my techincal person and below his comments

'The scope of the below work is technically not viable and hence cannot be changed'

Stii i am not conveineced that why can't we change

any help like what BADi or bsp application will tigger while we process the activity (the screen where you can see org owner, owner, priority, description , catagoty so on)

Thanks,

ravi

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide me the detail from the developer on specific solution he researched that was "'Technically not viable and hence cannot be changed'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

here is the finding from developer

there no standard BAPIs or BADIs to

do the enhancement.Also the other problem is that one of the fields cannot

be put in a display mode while the entire screen is in change mode

My question is can we achive my requriement thru structural authorizaiton, if we restrict that group employees not have access to particular group(org unit)

Is it possibe? we have structural authorization in place.

thanks

Ravi

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

He is correct that there is nothing simple like a badi/bapi and structural authorization can not be used to meet this requirement.

It is possible with a complex development but that is not the type of information that can be communicated through an SCN forum.

Good luck and let us know the results.

Jarret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

I like to share some points here about the issue I put on this theard,

I found the work around solution - rather gray out the fields certain conditions, there is BADi- before save activity and we are writing some condition as per business requirments and it works fine.

thanks,

Ravi