cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low level code determination and by-products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Using SCM 5.0, SP15, I've run into a problem with the low level code determination in combination with usage of by-products.

The situation is as following. We have product 1 as a lead product which, causes a by-product 2 to be generated as well. PDS comes over to APO correctly based on a negative BOM quantity in R/3 for product 2.

Next to this, it's also possible to create product 2 independently without the need to 1st create product 1 as the lead product. So, product 1 has 1 PDS, product 2 has 2, 1 where itself it's the lead product and one from product 1 where it is the by-product.

When determining the low level codes (for SNP and/or PPDS) both products will get the low level code 0. Instead of product 1 0 and product 2 1.

Since there is more demand on product 2, we would like to plan 1st product 1, have co-product manufacturing on product 2 for the same amount and then for the remaining quantity create planned orders via it's own PDS (which will have a higher priority than the PDS from the lead product 1 on product 2).

So demand on product 1 is 100, on product 2 is 500. Planning product 1 gives planned orders of 100 on product 1 and co-product manufacturing of 100 at product 2. Product has now still 400 pieces of uncovered demand and a planned order via it's own PDS is created for product 2 for a quantity of 400.

The correct low level codes (LLC 0 at product 1, LLC 1 at product 2) should take care of the correct planning sequence here.

Apparantly the LLC determination is not able to see that product 2 should have a lower level code due to the fact that it's coming from a by-product PDS.

Any ideas on this ?

With kind regards,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for thinking along. Indeed we would be able to do this in the way you propose, but then I would need some kind of indicator (in selections) to determine which product belongs to run 1 and which one to run 2. If the Low level code would be determined correctly, we would not need to do this.

It seems to me that the low level code determination does not work as desired (could also be called a bug). Unfortunately there is no note that allows for correction or proposes usser-exit/BADI with example coding to solve this. Therefore I was hoping one of the experts here would have dealt with similar situations and would have an out-of-the-box solution.

Anyone ?

With kind regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I am not sure how would you work it out with this complex situation, but just for Business Continuity purpose; you may try out with the following Work Around.

I had a similar situation in my prev orgnaization.

The issue could be worked out by adding a step(T-code SM37) in your planning job run.

Step1: You take a multi-level Planning Run on Product 1 for 100 qty of demand; which would then also plan for the 100 demand of Product 2.

Step2: Take another planning run on Product 2; this would cater the demand of the rest 400 qty.

I hope this would solve your purpose.

Please let me know in case you need any further information.

Regards,

Prasad.