cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP upgrade to EHP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Kindly help with stack file genertaion and approach of upgrading EP 7.0 Sp22 to EHP2

please help in below queries

1.how to generate xml file for portal system?when i manatain in smsy under nw system only nw java components are being updated in stack file..

2. when i maintain portal system under ERP usage type self services can be selected..

Please explain how will it work if i have two stack files for nw product and erp product...and ehp installer requires just one stack file..

what should be sequnece of upgrade ...just to update nw components and then update ess/mss packages to our corresponding ehp5 backend system...

also kindly confirm if we update java coponenets of portal system only then will the existing business packages and customising will be lost??

please provide step by step details of how to maintain the system in smsy and approach...

thanks in advance

Regards

Rasool

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you will register your system to solman SLD then the system will automatically comes in SMSY then make sure that system will be registered as Netweaver system and that too as Netweaver AS Java system and then mark relative ERP components as Relevant instance. As a result when you will create maintenance transaction in MOPZ then it will give you an option to select ERP components.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikishan & Sunny

Thanks for your replies...

As explained by you i had registered portal system in solman sld and the details are populated in smsy..

i followed below process in solman system

1. created system under ERP product with SID of portal system(say EPD)

and selected active product versions as ERP & Netweaver... due to this EPD appeared in NW product as well...

2. under ERP section selected technical usage type as APP server Java,EP core,Portal content & SAP XSS

3.then under NW section selected technical usage app server java,ep core & portal content.

4.Logical system for the system in nw section created and included in solution for portal system...

Now when i try to create xml file i get nw ehp2 components along with few business packages but not ess & mss ones..

Also patches for SAP XSS are not genererated...

Could you please guide me to resolve the issue...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rasool

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you marked Self Service as the relevant instance in SMSY of the system definition ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes its done but still SAP XSS & BP for ESS & MSS are inlcuded in xml file..

Thanks & Regards

Rasool

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let us know what all instance you have marked in SMSY?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny,

Thanks for your replies...

I have selected under ERP section for portal sid SAP NW APp server java ,,ep core,sap nw enterprise portal,portal content & SAP XSS as relevant.

Also Under SAP Netweaver product section for portal sid i ahve slected APP server java,EP content,EP core & Enterprise portal as relevant...

But still no files are included for self service & ESS MSS

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rasool

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite Strange. Its working in my system.

You can do a workaround, you can upgrade the system without ESS/MSS packages then later download ESS/MSS packages from SMP separately then apply them after upgrade.

Thanks

Sunny

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rasool,

dit you ever get this fixed? I'm running into a very simular issue. ERP 6.03 with XSS op portal 7.0 on two seperate instances (so no dual stack).

ERP 6.03/NW7.00 upgrade to ERP 6.05/NW7.02 -> stack file is correclty generated for ERP but includes the Portal without upgrade (thus remaining on 7.0).

NW7.00 upgrade NW7.02 alone creates a upgrade stack file without ESS MSS and even some core Portal components (like EP_SERV, UWLJWF...)

Hope you can help out. This is really frustrating

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you have registered the EP (with ERP Java components) onto the Solution Manager SLD. Also run the smsy_setup job so that the SMSY is populated correctly.

Next select both Netweaver and SAP ERP as active product version for the System. After this the system will appear under both Netweaver and ERP Product Versions in SMSY.

Under Netweaver section, select Enterprise Portal as technical usage type. Under ERP section, select ERP Java(XSS) and Portal Content as technical usage type. Then create a logical component for the system in Netweaver section. Use this logical system in the respective solution and create MOPZ transaction. Select EhP Installation option. Assigning the SAP ERP Product Version should allow you to select the ERP Java components also as part of the same Netweaver stack.

Apply both the Netweaver EP and ERP Java components together.

Regards,

Srikishan