cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCI Punchout - Standard Call Structure - Creates new session each request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am having trouble with a customer attempting to do OCI Punchout with the Standard Call Structure. I have other customers successfully punching out in this same system. Here is a breakdown of what is happening. Our catalog is a combination of classic ASP with VB6 Com objects

1 - The user POSTs their call structure to our /ocilogin.asp page and we set a session variable after successfully log in

2 - The user is then redirected to our /MainFrameLoad.asp page which houses our catalog.

3 - The problem occurs here because the Session_OnStart method in the global.asa file is called again, which should not happen because session has already been established. The logic in this method checks for the session variable created in /ocilogin.asp but it does not exist.

4 - It looks for a username/password via querystring and does another login, which then redirects them again to /MainFrameLoad.asp and the infinite loop begins.

I'm convinced that their system is creating new unique requests each time which is causing the session variable to disappear. I've tested their ability to accept cookies, which would also effect session variables, but that seems to be fine on their end.

My question is how can I tell if their system is properly handling cookies/requests? I have plenty of example of people punching out with the exact same call structure, but its just their system that seems to have the issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you also verified that the various different systems using your catalog are the same, i.e. they are all SRM 7.0 or all SRM 5.0 etc? The call structure varies depending also on SRM version.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've asked the user which version of SRM they are using but unfortunately I have no way of knowing what the other users are using. Unfortunately I'm new in this position and documentation of things like that are non-existant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The customer has responded with "We are using SRM 7.0 with OCI 4.0 compatibility." Have you experienced this issue before? To me, it appears that each request is generating a new session.

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 7.0 catalog integration differs from previous releases, the reliance on OCI 4.0 compliance is much stricter, please see the note [1287412 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1287412]for more details on the required settings in the SRM system, perhaps let your customer also know about this note.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help but that link requires a username/password. Is it available elsewhere?

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, it requires access to the service marketplace, your customer should be able to access the note if they are an SAP licensed customer.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was able to aquire that document but it didn't help.

They are providing all the proper parameters, it's a matter of the session being recreated each call. The issue is they can't log in at all, not that they can't get data back to their SRM.

Thanks for helping though!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the value you have given in standard call structure of catalog for "BYPASS_INB_HANDLER" and "BYPASS_OUTB_HANDLER".

Thanks,

Anshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both values for those fields are X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make "BYPASS_INB_HANDLER" as blank & "BYPASS_OUTB_HANDLER" as X. and check.

Thanks,

Anshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have asked them to make the change. Can you tell me or point me in the direction of what those fields mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you giv teh details entered in IMG of 'External Web Services' for this Punch Put catalog.

Thanks,

Anshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are referring to? Are you asking for the parameters for the Standard Call Structure?