SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Installation error "Device was not removed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a basic technical installation working. I have set up a Connection Object, a Device Location and a Device Info Record (transaction EG44), and am trying to perform a Technical Installation (transaction EG33).

However when I enter the Device ID from EG44 into the "Device from installation/Device Location", I get the following error:

Device 1000000001 does not correspond to specifications given

Message no. EG093

Diagnosis

You have searched for a device with certain characteristics.

Device 1000000001 does not have the characteristics you have specified:

It is

not removed.

If you have specified a period (directly or indirectly), it is possible that the device does not match your data for the entire period.

What is causing this issue? And what can I do to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

fswltd:

You cannot technically install a device info record. They can only be billing installed.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

fswltd:

You cannot technically install a device info record. They can only be billing installed.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

OK thanks for that. I have been trying this operation in order to understand what is going on during MDG. Looking at the template for NEWCUSTPOD, it appears to do the following:

Create device info record

Create register for device info record

Create connection object

Create address for connection object

Create device location

Technically install device in device location.

I can't see any other relevant nodes between these, so how can the master data get generated using these nodes only?