cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XT278 Transport files for request &1 must still be transferred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve configured the transport routes between my DEV and PRD systems. But I´m getting the next message when I´m trying to import the request into the PRD system:

XT278 Transport files for request &1 must still be transferred

I´ve read that this success because each system has own transport group (

hostsapmnt rans).

I´ve put the PRD on the same transport group that DES but I´m getting a error while i tried to import a request.

What can i do? I want to avoid that every time what a request it will imported I want not to do QUEUE>VERIFY or Click in the green arrow.

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Just to re-confirm, Is DIR_TRANS the same for both the systems and shared between both ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Each system has its DIR_TRANS.There are differents.

If I change the Transport group, Is it enough?

Or I must to change the DIR_TRANS parameter in the system?

The remained folders in, out will be afected? If I need to import support packages in one system and this have the DIR_TRANS pointed to the dir_trans of the DEV system, It will be affected?

More thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If each system has different DIR_TRANS you need to transfer the files "using the transfer button (looks like a thunder)" as basically the cofile and datafile are not in the target system directories

To avoid that you need to set a common DIR_TRANS by mounting a common directory on all the systems in your landscape

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> If I change the Transport group, Is it enough?

No

>> Or I must to change the DIR_TRANS parameter in the system?

Yes

>> The remained folders in, out will be afected? If I need to import support packages in one system and this have the DIR_TRANS pointed to the dir_trans of the DEV system, It will be affected?

Yes and No, both. But you would be in advantage that you will be 'able' to use the 'same' support package 'files' all throughout the landscape - Instead of copying the SPs/files separately for 'each' system's EPS/in

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok as Juan already indicated, just have a common TRANS - simple

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m trying to put the value for DIR_TRANS parameter, but it´s says that the directory doesn´t exists. I need to map the share network on the server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly.
'host'\sapmnt\trans should be mapped to all 'other hosts' which want to access it. All other hosts should be able to see/access it.

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to add what other suggested is- if you are planning to change trans directory of the system then please make sure that you unmount the previous trans directory and then nfs it from other host. Please also take backup of current trans directory incase you have some transport that still need to be transported.

Also after changing the trans directory, you need to reconfigure your transport route so that new configuration becomes effective.

But to only avoid transferring of files you want to change the trans directory does not make sense to me.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)