Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing document F.13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts :

We have two system here SAP 1 and SAP 2

1) Invoice get created in SAP 1 and Replicated in SAP 2 via Interface as open item (Accounting entries also done in SAP 2)

2) Invoice get cleared in SAP 1 say after 6 days (Account entries also replicated in SAP 2 only entries no clearing happen so far)

Question :

How can I clear open item in SAP 2 . Can i use F.13 if yes then how I can clear only those open item in SAP 2 that are clear in SAP 1 ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Input Ravi/Atif

Here Doc numbers are same, so what I understand is when invoice will be clear it will create and clearing doc number

Say Invoice line item 1,6,9 get clear it will going to create Clearing doc number in SAP 1 so now we will send this clearing doc number with other details like vendor, Doc number/Doc type details to SAP 2 and maintain rules in SAP 2(OB74) then F.13 program will search the doc type with clearing doc number coming from SAP 1 and will match with Doc number in SAP 2 already sent before and will clear only that line item /Invoice that are cleared in SAP1 ?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SAP 2, I presume you have invoice as well as the payment document (but they are not cleared). If I understand correctly, invoice and payment document exists in a vendor ledger, though essentially, the amount is zero, both the documents are lying as open documents. Now you want to identify such documents and clear them. In this case F.13 is useful for you.

In OB74 you need to maintain the clearing criteria:

For example ZUONR, EBELN, WRBTR and VBUND etc.

If in both documents if these items are matched, then the system will clear them. If any one of the combination is not matched, then system will not clear them. You can decide how generic how specific your rules should. You can flexibly create the clearing the rules for different account types and account numbers. If you cannot clear them by using F.13 then you may have to use F-03 or F-44 or F-32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi

When Invoice in coming in SAP 2 from SAP 1 (open item) accounting entries are

Cr Vendor

Dr AP conversion account (Clearing account)

And SAP 1 doc number xxxx is now SAP 2 doc number yyyy

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

F-03 will not work it is replaced with Program TFC_COMPARE_VZ

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do have a list of such document numbers?

For example

SAP1 - Invoice 1 - Document Number XXXX

SAP2 - Invoice 1 - Document Number YYYY

SAP1 - Invoice 2 - Document Number XXXX1

SAP2 - Invoice 2 - Document Number YYYY1

If you have such listen, the clearly you should know which items are to be cleared.

Now the task is to clear in SAP2 system.

For example, you have decided to clear document 1 (Invoice 1) in SAP2 system. (Here vendor is credited) (Let us say 100$)

You cannot clear a single document, therefore, another document should be there in Vendor Account with same amount. Let us presume you have a document in vendor account with same amount. The entry for such document is as follows:

Vendor Account Dr. 100$

To Miscellaneous Account Cr. 100$

Now if you see the vendor account you have a credit of 100$ (which came from SAP1 through interface) and you have another entry with debit of vendor 100$ (not sure whether this entry posted manually or came through interface).

Now you can put both the above entries in F.13 and execute, system will clear them provided if the matching criteria like amount and sort key etc. are matching. When your clearing criteria is ZUONR (Assignment field), you should always give importance to Sort Key in the master data, as the assignment field fills from your Sort Key maintained in the master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Ravi thanks for your valuable input its really helping me alot.

Situation here is

I am doing AP open item conversion from SAP 1 to SAP 2 now when invoice is created in SAP 1 with line item 1 line item 2...3..4..5 It get replicated in SAP 2 with different document number(Mapping table is maintained in SAP 2) with accounting entries Cr Vendor and Dr Clearing account now SAP 1 and another invoice another replicated in SAP 1 via interface and same entries Cr Vendor and Debit Clearing account. After 5 or 6 days Invoice in SAP 1 get clear say line item 2 line item 4 and 6 of first invoice .

Question : How SAP 2 invoice will clear with SAP 1 reference [Invoice 1 with line item 2 and item 4 and 6 only].No Accounting entries needed only clearing .Payment will be done from SAP 1 always so i need only clearing in SAP 2 .

Solution :

Maintain additional rule (0BA7) in SAP 2 ,and do F.13 so when field say assignment , Amount and document number will pass from SAP 1 to SAP 2 via Interface automatic clearing program will check for clearing rules and when SAP 1 fields will match with SPA 2 field it will clear only that document.

Again QUESTION : we are sending XXX doc number from SAP 1 and in SAP 2 we have doc number YYY so this field will definitely not going to match then how we can clear ?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question: How can you clear some items only on a document? You cannot clear some items on a document. The whole document will be cleared, but not one or two items.

At the time of clearing no entries gets posted. They are simply debit vendor and credit vendor with same amount, so line items gets generated. However, an accounting document number will be generated.

You are planning to clear vendors, then you must have two documents in vendor account, one is credit and another one is debit and the balance must be zero. Otherwise, no clearing happens in SAP2. If you have such two documents, then you can put another clearing criteria in OB74. You can ask what is the need to put the clearing criteria in OB74, when for example you have only two documents. The reason is if you have 100 documents with the same amounts in vendor account, then system will confuse with debit amount should be cleared with which credit item. Therefore, you are putting further rules by giving the clearing criteria in OB74 for differentiation purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about Partial and residual payments ?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For clearing you should have debit and credit. Both the amounts must be matching (then only you can use F.13 or F-44 for example in case of vendor)

If you are using Partial Payment : Then only invoice is sufficient, then make the payment by using partial payment. For example when you have an invoice of 100$, you are making payment for 20$, then in FBL1N it shows 100 credit 20 debit and the balance of 80 to be paid.

If you are using Residual Payment: Then also only invoice is sufficient, the difference is in FBL1N, you see one line item with 80$ and you do not what happened to the history of 20$. This creates a new invoices, as if it is a new invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Help Ravi , I will do the test and i think this will work.

When we define rule in OB74 then how dose F.13 clearing depends on this rule. I mean suppose we had give field in OB74 assignment .but when we do clearing we had selected Document .I am enable to link this OB74 and F.13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this Ravi but My question is that is F.13 will work for Partial /Residual payments ?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot use F.13 for partial or residual payments. F.13 will for only full clearing. It cannot clear partial clearing, as you do not have any such standard configuration to make partial clearing through F.13.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can define criteria for automatic clearing In OB74. It works in F.13 for GR/IR account but for other accounts, such as clearing bank accounts, you wont get it because that account was defined in OBYC.

there is a way to cheat this process. You must enter in table T030 by transaction WRX and attach other accounts beside GR/IR by changing only the field 'Acct modif' for each one entry. With this trick but you can clear other accounts through F.13 automatically without interfering with regular logistic processes. I recommend that you take a test and verify the results.

Regards

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Beside the suggestion given by Ravi you can also make use of F-03 to manually clear the items.

Regards

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check your OB74 configuration. Maintain proper clearing criteria.

In F.13 you have document number option.

Whether the documents are same in SAP1 and SAP2 systems? If so, identify the document numbers which are required to be cleared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry My MIstake I just checked in the system when we are sending the interface from SAP 1 say Invoice xxxxxx it get replicated in SAP 2 as Invoice YYYYYY ,so it means document number is different in both the system .