Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error message ' Unable to convert sender service to an ALE logical

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using idoc to file.

and my xi system is working fine. at sudden when i process one idoc . I got this message.

Unable to convert sender service to an ALE logical system

Here in monitoring, i am able to see the success falg but in acknowledgement column, i see system error..

I did no change in configuration.

Your inputs will be appreciable.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see all the settings are fine, here i changed in my xslt mapping program. When i revert back , then its fine. but getting same error while changin in mapping. Here my mapping program doing branching ..

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

your file system sends an acknowledgement. You can supress that with report IDX_NOALE or give your file business system any logical system name in IB Directory "Adapter Specific Identifiers".

Regards,

Udo

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if your logical system name is fine in the SLD. Also go to the Business System in ID check out this menu option Service-->Adapter Specific Identifiers. See if the logical system name is matching with SLD. Also for the receiver Business Service/System check if you have a logical system name.. if not give some unique name.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are sending now acknowledgment as your target logical system (if it's a service go to menu and add expected name). Please check if you have such entry in your partner profile in source system.

please check this Michal's blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

regards,

wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also, is it possible that the XI system was recently upgraded?

As you indicated that no config changes were done, therefore, such error should not just pop up with no reason.

In an earlier release of XI (sorry I cannot recall the SP level), IDOC ack was not provided. However, in a later release, it is the default.

Regards,

Bill