cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade or Installation to SAP NetWeaver PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are using "SAP EHP 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.1" (SPS 6) and consider to use SAP NetWeaver PI 7.3.

Because we did not implement many scenarios there are 2 possibilities for us to go for the new version of SAP NetWeaver PI 7.3

1) Upgrade or

2) Installation

Can some one tell which os the both cases take less effort?

When we consider the new installation (case 2) is SAP NetWeaver PI 7.3 still double stack system?

Then we can delete the existing system and install from scratch...

Any helpful information will be very appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do yourself a favor and split the stack !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stack split is not supported for PI 7.11.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Section 2 of the guide below describes the pros and cons of the upgrade/installation options:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7048c50a-9b49-2e10-3b8e-ec2e1b02e...

Regards,

Sarah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Many thanks!

Does SAP NetWeaver PI 7.3 requires two separate server (one for ABAP stack and other for J2EE engine) or is it still a double stack system and therefore can be installed on one server?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Double stack system can be installed on one server (according to system requirements).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks you!

Last question in case of upgrade:

Is also a oracle update from version 10.2.0.4 to 11 necessary?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Always safe to go for new installation (as per my experience ), my suggestion ichoose single stack PI 7.3 system because SAP also recommending single stack to customers, wait for one more month to get PI 7.3 EHP1 system .

SAP not gong to release dual stack PI version system any ore they only focusing on single stack(JAVA) PI .

Better to talk with SAP and take final decision.

As per my knowledge oracle 10.2.0.4 also works with PI 7.3

Regards,

Raj