Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help by explaining this to me.

Since the Schedule date adopts the Actual date on confiration of an activity, we now want to use the fixed dates and measure them against the Actual dates.

The problem I have is that to use fixed dates, I need to untick the Offset to fin. checkbox. All I did was untick the checkbox, but now the system has changed the Shedule dates, like re-scheduling.

Is this correct, if not how do I fix this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is SAP standard functionality. Kindly try to use the functionality of forecast dates or versions to save your fixed dates. This way you can also look into the option Milestone Trend Analysis.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Can you please kindly explain how to plan the Forecast dates or are they automatically created on Project creation?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On an activity system carries scheduling either backward or forward. In transaction CJ23, input project definition and check box against activities and input manually the forecast dates.

try this way and schedule. Other wise you can also follow what Ammar has suggested. Create versions in the system so that system will let you know changes as per versions and comparisions can be drawn between them for review.

Regards

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Oct 27, 2011 3:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't heard of any standard functionality to automate this process of saving forecast dates. You should save the schedule dates in forecast dates (CJ20N in the menu Dates -> Transfer basic -> forecast, there are other functions available for this as well) which can be used to view the deviation (concept of baseline).

You should also look into the milestone trend analysis via versions, its a much better tool to use for progress tracking against plan.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Yes you are right and sorry for incorrect information which was not intentionally.

We can maintain forecast dates for WBS element in CJ23 and not for network activities.

Sorry friends once again.

Regards,

PSR

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest to go for the concept of baseline & versions as mentioned by Zaheer.This will not only provide you with how far your actual date has deviated from plan but also during every reschedule how far you planned date has deviated from the initial plan when you strated the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is SAP standard functionality. Kindly try to use the functionality of forecast dates or versions to save your fixed dates. This way you can also look into the option Milestone Trend Analysis.

Regards,

Ammar