cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 401 Unauthorized, error in proxy to SOAP Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We got the below error in our proxy to SOAP Scenario.

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

We configured User Authentication,Proxy and Proxy User Authentication for the Receiver Communication Channel correctly still we are getting this error.

So please let me know what could be the possible reasons behind it and how to resolve it.

Waiting for your valuable response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We configured User Authentication,Proxy and Proxy User Authentication for the Receiver Communication Channel correctly still we are getting this error.

If you are using dynamic configuration to determine the receiver URL, you also have to set the User Authentication in your dynamic config by using TAuthKey and then entering the username/password combination under authentication keys in the receiver cc.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Consider the parameters connection pool size and connection wait time:

ume.r3.connection.master.poolmaxsize

ume.r3.connection.master.poolmaxwait

These parameters are described in the note below:

#821026 - AdapterEngine messaging URL returns HTTP 401 under high load

Also, ensure you have maintained the correct password, which MUST be the same, for all the service users

on XI. You may check all the places it should be maintained, such as Exchange Profile, SU01, SLDAPICUST, etc..

Please kindly check the note below:

PI 7.1:

#999962 - PI 7.10: Change passwords of PI service users

XI 7.0

#936093 - XI 7.0: Changing the passwords of XI service users

XI 3.0

#721548 - XI 3.0: Changing the passwords of the XI service users

And ensure that the user has the correct role as per link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/9f/d12940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message shows clearly that user credentials (401 unauthorized error) is invalid or missing. This is nothing related to proxy and proxy configuration related in receiver channel. You can check using same user/password and test using xmlspy or soapui directly and see the user credentials are right.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try to test the webservice independently outside of PI using tools like SOAP UI

this will ensure that the webservice is responding correctly.

Also refer the link -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply!!!

I have tested the scenario with SOAP UI and got the below error from the webservice.

You are not authorized to view this page.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.

But when i opend the Target URL in internet browser i was able to successfully login into webservice with same userid and password that i used in SOAP UI test.

please let me know what is the issue.

Regards,

Abhilash

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any update on the below issue....

Regards,

Ramesh