cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC implementation from Basis perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am very very new for GRC and need to know where i will get the GRC implementation and support guide from the Basis perspective?

I already implemented ECC, SRM, but GRC is very new for me. Request you to help with the document i should refer to, any link where i will get the related material.

Furthe to above query.. i found SAP GRC installation guide. But there are two guide SAP Business access control 10.0 and SAP GRC Access control 5.3. Is these two are same? Is SAP Business control 10.0 is a upgraded version of GRC access control 5.3?

I need to know which one i should consider and what is the difference between these two?

Please reply.

Thanks

Edited by: deepak.shinde on Oct 27, 2011 3:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

GRC AC 5.3 is based upon Netweaver As Java while GRC AC 10 is based upon Netweaver As ABAP. GRC AC 10 is latest release from SAP. So, if you are planning to

Implement GRC AC then i would suggest you to go for GRC AC 10 as it is very improved version then GRC AC 5.3.

You can get a lot of information about GRC AC 10 on http://sdn.sap.com/irj/bpx/grc.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks a lot for reply.

Just gone through GRC 10.0 installation guide. I have a query regarding the client copy. It is given in the document, post insatllation steps.. Client copy is not requireed in access control 10.0 environment and there is a note number 1505255 which gives instruction regarding client copy.

Request you to elaborate on it. Should we do the client copy or not?

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in the above note,

"This client-copy procedure will overwrite all exisiting PC/RM 10.0 customizing data in your productive client. DO NOT perform this activity in case you already have live customizing data"

Incase you wish to use existing productive client having customizng data for GRC, the changes would obviously be lost after client copy.

Therfore, you need to decide based on your implementation scenario.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which GRC version you are going to implement.?

http://service.sap.com/instguides --> Installation & Upgrade Guides --> SAP Business objects.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran.V