cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Tracks Content from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to a Higher Version...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We're facing migration from NWDS 7.0 to NWDS 7.30 webdynpro java developments. We're following the help steps:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/2f8c4856ab58d5e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Basis department are working right now to create the new track (step #2):

Create a new track inside the CMS. Depending on the default JDK in CBS settings, you may need to create a build variant and specify JDK 1.6 as JDK to be used for this track.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering about step #1 & #3...

1. In the SAP NetWeaver 7.0 track, assemble the SC files in which your development resides.

3. Forward your SCs from the old to the new track

Question: when I'm completing these steps, every DC project will be available in NWDS 7.30? I'll try to explain better...

Right now (NWDS 7.0), when I need to transport something from development to productive environment, I create the activity with the changes, and I follow... check-in, active, release, consolidation tab - import, assembly tab - assembe components, approval tab and go on...

Here, inside Assembly tab, when I click over Details, the content tab contains only the content from the activity I released before...

Then... for the new migration track and the forward step, must I create activities and add every DC project content?? If yes, how can I do it? Because the activity must contain the whole DC projects content... maybe I'm wrong, and this is not necessary... and just forwarding an empty SC from the old to the new track is enough...

Thx!

Miguel Angel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

every assemble contains everything(all the dc). the detail only show what change is included in this assemble.

so you just have to forward you latest sca from assemble to new track.

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you forward the SCA from the assembled track, you will lose all previous versions of the code. If you want to keep your DC change history, a better option would be to replicate your track. Here is more info on track replicating (you can replicate tracks within the same DTR).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/46/5d032c1e661cbee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it goes to nw7.3, nw7 code doesn't matter any more.........

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

it goes to nw7.3, nw7 code doesn't matter any more.........

Keeping a history of code changes may be important, regardless of NetWeaver version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan / John,

So... when I'll do the forward from the assembled track, I'll lose all the previous versions of the code?? If this is for sure, I'll talk with the basis team to make a copy...

Thx!

Miguel Angel.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

old version is kept in your old track. don't worry.

i don't think it make any sense to check old version from your nwds 7.3. the file/structure may be totally different...

just leave the old stuff behind. go with a brand new one.

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

...hum

I'm interesseted on document

"Migrating Tracks Content from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to a Higher Version"

but not possible to find it back again.

The link you gave doesn't work anymore...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/2f8c4856ab58d5e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right, it doesn't works anymore...

Answers (0)