cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete and overwrite files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I uploaded a file using T Code SXDA_TOOL.

The file named ajith.txt is there in the G:
USR\SAP\pid\ directory. But when I go to check the file in AL 11, I see various directories like

G:
USR\SAP\pid\devebmgs\

G:
USR\SAP\pid\SYS

I am not able to find the file in either of these.

The path that I used to upload is G:
USR\SAP\pid\ajith and I entered it by selecting the source as my desktop and the target this path, G:
USR\SAP\pid\ajith.

When I click on the Target in SXDA_TOOL, I see the file but unable to see from AL11. How do I see the file?

Also can I overwrite the file by putting new values in the file in my desktop ? How willl I delete this file once I finish doing those test scenarios?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

ask your basis team to create directory for interfaces, some of them in AL11 belong to PI server default directories.

So they have to create directory for your purpose and basis have to mount FTP.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably the directory that you're trying to reach is not visible in AL11 transaction.

You can check the content of the directory by loggin in your SAP System at OS Level (if you have not the permissions to do this, ask to the Basis Team).

Another way, is to use SAP to view the files at the OS level other than the default SAP directories, then you have to goto SM69 to set up an external command. Use SM49 to execute the command.If you want to use SAP to view the files at the OS level other than the default SAP directories, then you have to goto SM69 to set up an external command. Use SM49 to execute the command.

External Command could be something like this:

For Unix OS:

cd /directory/
ls -la

For Win OS

cd c:\directory\
dir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Did you create the directory name Ajith or you just gave it in your path.

You can check whether the folder ajith exists in three ways.

1. Log into unix box and check

2. Check with basis

3. You can view all the present directories in AL11. If the particular folder does not exist, it wont show up.

I would suggest you to try uploading your files in tmp directory which is safe and temporary files.

Regards

Krish