cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abap/SIGCHILD_default profile parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried to add the parameter abap/SIGCHILD_default in instance profile and it's value as 'on' but I recieve a message - 'Unknown parameter abap/SIGCHILD_default, a check cannot be performed', 'Parameter value not permitted'.

I already referred the Note 790017 - sy-subrc of CLOSE DATASET if FILTER addition used and our SAP release is 701 EhP4.

However, still I continued and now parameter is added into the profile and profile is activated after SAP restart.

Any idea why it says that parameter not permitted? And I think still this parameter has no relavance in our system because we recieved that particular message ?

Thanks and Regards

Subba Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any idea why it says that parameter not permitted? And I think still this parameter has no relavance in our system because we recieved that particular message ?

In my experience theres lots of parameters that are "unknown" to RZ10, that does not mean that the parameter would not work though. Ignore the message.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for quick reply.

I found another note similar to what you said, for e.g. Note 903245 - VMC Profile Parameters are not known in RZ10/RZ11, however parameters are different.

This note suggests, 'You can add VMC parameters with RZ10, also if RZ10 doesn't know the parameter name. Important is, that the kernel knows it. If the kernel doesn't know the parameter too, it will be ignored.'

Please confirm, is it the similar case here with 'abap/SIGCHILD_default' ? In earlier note I pasted it was written - 'In the SAP Kernel 7.00, the profile parameter abap/SIGCHILD_default is available since Patch Level 0'. So I think for our SAP Release 701 this parameter is already available for our kernel and it will work fine despite that 'unknown parameter' message in RZ10 ?

In RZ11, I see the same messgae - 'The parameter name is not known'.

Thanks & Regards

Subba Rao

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the profile parameter abap/SIGCHILD_default is available since Patch Level 0'. So I think for our SAP Release 701 this parameter is already available for our kernel and it will work fine despite that 'unknown parameter'

If its active in kernel 700 it should be active in 701.

Regards

Juan