cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP J2EE Engine allows JNI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a web application running in Websphere, it uses some jni libraries to connect to a documents manager. I want to use part of this web application in the portal.

In the SAP PORTAL server, all the dlls are in WINNT\system32\ folder. And the jars libraries in classpath. When I make the connection to documents manager, I can make the instance of the object, but when trying to execute the method for connecting, the J2EE Engine ends shuting down.

I've try to do this with Apache Tomcat in the same machine (server) and everything works fine. Why doen't work in SAP J2EE Engine? Does SAP J2EE Engine allows JNI?

The server is shutting down and no errors appears in the logs.

SAP EP 6.0, SAP J2EE Engine 6.20.

Thanks!!

Best regards!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitzanlevi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the JNI is java standard and it should be supported. the problem you are describing doesn't look related to the JNI itself. but you should know that JNI is not part of the j2ee specification so you should not it in j2ee application (it could cause problems with scalability and distribution).

it looks like a bug or collision some where, when you say trying to connect what do you mean by that is there tcpip communication ? if so what port (maybe this causes some problems ???)