cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am creating a service and maintainence contract(wv) in va41 and trying to assign technical objects in extras tab. but it is giving as V1192(Serial number profile is missing for material 1000000000172 in plant 0001). But i have assigned serial no profile in materialmaster.

My scenario is when the customer has a problem with his machine we wil take it as service notification(s3) and creating repair order wrt to service notification and should get that goods to our location by returns delivery and PGR. And i should send the machine to my vendor for repair. and after getting it repair we should get that goods and deliver it to customer. Could any one send the process to do this cycle.

Material is under warranty.

I had given item category group as BANS so that it wil create PR and we can send the material to vendor for repair.

With Regards,

C Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the error first. Check your material master in plant 0001, whether the serial number profile is maintianed or not.

Regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand you have two different type of requirements

1 With Service contract if you want to keep track of the customer material your procedure for assigning the serial No. to contract is correct, but there you have to follow:

Maintain u201CEquipmentsu201D(use IE08 T-code in CS module) with Serial No. Profile w.r.t u201CMaterialu201D. Pls ref. Serial No. Management under PM $ CS menu in SAP Display IMG screen.

Or while creating delivery w.r.t. sales order, you mention/ select the u201Cserial No.u201D in u201CExtrau201D tab, and tick the left box of the serial No. field. The equipment gets automatically created.

2 , for the material or Equipment (which is under warranty) to be repaired at the service centre or at third party, you follow the Repair processing. Please Ref. the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/ae/6480d1d08011d2b5380000e8a4bb0c/frameset.htm

For Third party or vendor service please Create and assign them as a partner w.r.t. Notification and proceed for repair processing as mentioned in the above link.

Regards

DSR

Edited by: D.Srinivasa Rao on Oct 28, 2011 8:28 AM