cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norwegian Character Set failing in Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting errors in SAP PI when processing MATMAS messages from a legacy system in the Adapter Engine...

I cannot view the items in internet explorer, but can open in wordpad/notepad.

this is the PI Error:

Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_ERP_Material_To_ES_Material_; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: Unsupported character: 53(:main:, row:2~

Exception of class CX_XMS_SYSERR_MAPPING

The error displays in the window as this:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Users/u10825w/AppData/Local/Microsoft...

I thought SAP PI supported UTF-8.

U+00C5 Å c3 85 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE is supported by UTF-8....

does anyone have any ideas how i can fix this? I am receiving the file via JMS Sender from Websphere MQ... SAP PI7.1 SPS7

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Barry,

If that is the case, check for the option of setting the Encoding in JMS Sender Channel. If this is a norwegian character, then pls used the Character Encoding as ISO 8859-1.

After this configuration, i hope the issue should get resolved.

Please check and post your feedback.

thank you

Jack Krugmann.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am receiving the file via JMS Sender from Websphere MQ... SAP PI7.1 SPS7

Make sure that you have entered the correct CCSID.

What is the XML encoding header?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Stefan, i did look at that setting but SAP Help says:

Under Character Set ID (CCSID) for Non-ASCII Names, specify the character set for the names specified above.

This entry does not affect the character set of the transferred messages.

It appears that the sending system has a manual step that maybe affecting the encoding...

Internet Explorer supports UTF-8 and the native message cannot be opened in Internet Explorer....

thank you for your valuable input though.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> It appears that the sending system has a manual step that maybe affecting the encoding...

I do not understand this.

What is the encoding of the message in sender system?

Which characte set is used?

Do you receive a plain text or an XML file? If it is XML, header encoding header is delared in the XML file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I receive XML. But they cannot be viewed in anything other than notepad/wordpad.

they have made a change to the process and now it is working...

Thank you for everyone's input...

HaraldBoeing
Explorer
0 Kudos

It's usually simple (though you might have a different issue): If you have an XML file that you can open in a text editor but not in the browser, you probably have an invalid XML file. Often the XML file is generated without much thought and claims to use an encoding that it doesn't really use. I've seen my fair share of files that claim to be UTF-8, but are really latin1 or something along that line (e.g. default code page from operating system).

The problem is that not all byte sequences are valid UTF-8 codepoints; this becomes clear when looking at the [design of UTF-8|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8#Design]. You can open your file in a hex editor and check for problematic bytes. E.g. codepoint U+005C, which you mention, should be encoded in UTF-8 as (hex) C385 (see for example [here|http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/c5/index.htm]). If you can change the encoding in the XML file from UTF-8 to latin1 and you can open the file in the browser, you know that the specified UTF-8 encoding is invalid...