Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto close container while packing in ME5.1

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about the packing activity in ME5.1, as we know, we should maintain the container maintenance before packing, and in the main tab PACK LEVEL, we can define the MIN QTY and MAX QTY, if I set them as 1 and 10. During the packing actitity, after I scan the 10th SFC into the container number, how to make it close automatically? Or SAP ME doesn't support this feature.

Anthor question, if our business requires the SFCs with same item but from different Shop Order couldn't be added into one container number, how to make it?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Leon Lu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

As to the first question, I don't think this feature is available.

As to the second question, please consult online context help for Container Maintenance where "Packing Level Value" and "Shop Order" fields are described. If this does not answer you question, please provide more details on the configuration you need.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Regarding my second question, we normally just set the ITEM in the PACK LEVEL, and the PACK LEVEL VALUE is null, REVISION is null, Shop Order is *, I think this setting means with different item number SFCs, they couldn't be added into one box, but if the SFCs with same item number, but from different shop orders, they could be added into one box.

For example, if we have:

1. ITEM001, SO001, SFC001;

2. ITEM002, SO002,SFC002;

the SFC001 and SFC002 couldn't be added into one container number; but if:

1.ITEM003,SO003,SFC003;

2.ITEM003,SO004,SFC004;

the SFC003 and SFC004 could be added into one container number, I have tested this.

We have a requirement that, our business hopes the SFC003 and SFC004 also couldn't be added into one container number, is this feature existed in current ME version?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Leon Lu

0 Kudos

Leon,

To restrict SO eligible to be packed into the contatiner, in additoin to "Packing Level" and "Packing Level Value" fields

you should specify SO ID in "Shop Order" field. Not sure if leaving the field empty can give you expected result (analogously to "Packing Level Value" field), but you might try this also.

Regards,

Sergiy