cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM: Using Z Configuration in Standard component

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to hide a colunm of a table hence i created my own z configuraiton . However during the applicaiton is called,the newly created "Z" configuraiton is never called. Instead stil the standard configuration is called.

How can make my z configuraiton being called instead of the Standard?

Please help.

Thanking you,

best Regards,

Tamanna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tamanna,

the reason probably is, that within the application configuration still the standard FPM component configuration is inside. When you create your own application configuration and enter there your own component configuration, it should work.

Have you ever thought about using the administrator mode for your change? When you are doing this you will create a customizing for SAP delivered component configuration. Within the administrator mode you remove the column from the table and this change will have an effect on the application runtime for all users in this client.

So you don't have to copy SAP's component configuration and the benefit of changes in admin mode is that e.g. new deliveries/updates from SAP to this standard component configuration are not lost.

For a further look of enhancing/adapting SAP component configurations please have a look at this [document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c0a2b7c2-1598-2e10-45bc-c556df3b9576 ].

Best regards,

Julia

0 Kudos

Dear Juila,

Many thanks for the reply.

"the reason probably is, that within the application configuration still the standard FPM component configuration is inside. When you create your own application configuration and enter there your own component configuration, it should work."

Could you please help me over this, .. ? how can i achive this , as i am very new to webdynpro, i am finding it hard to

follow the steps.

Please help .

Regards,

Tamanna.