Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Backup from HP-UX to Linux Suse Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to backup remotely from HP-UX to Linux Suse. below is the error :

BR0202I Copying /oracle/BWP/sapbackup/.tape.hdr0

BR0203I to /dev/nst0 ...

BR0278W Command output of 'LANG=C cd /oracle/BWP/sapbackup && echo .tape.hdr0 | LANG=C cpio -ovcB | LANG=C ssh backuplinux -l admin /bin/sh -c "'LANG=C dd ibs=8k obs=64k of=/dev/nst0 2>&1 || echo ERR_RC: \$?'"':

0+1 records in

0+1 records out

5120 bytes (5.1 kB) copied, 2.32416 seconds, 2.2 kB/s

.tape.hdr0

10 blocks

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2011-10-26 14.50.51

BR0279W Return code from 'LANG=C cd /oracle/BWP/sapbackup && echo .tape.hdr0 | LANG=C cpio -ovcB | LANG=C ssh backuplinux -l admin /bin/sh -c "'LANG=C dd ibs=8k obs=64k of=/dev/nst0 2>&1 || echo ERR_RC: \$?'"': 0

BR0222W Copying /oracle/BWP/sapbackup/.tape.hdr0 to/from /dev/nst0 failed due to previous errors

Thanks before

Ary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check on the HP-UX side for possible errors (syslog).

Markus

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem already solved after we log OSS and the developer told us to update the latest patch brtools

Thanks you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

We already have that scenario and work fine.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Yes, it is just a normal pipe backup. for your info that backup from linux to linux is fine. Is there a problem piping backup from hp-ux to linux ?

Thanks

Ary

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Yes, it is just a normal pipe backup. for your info that backup from linux to linux is fine. Is there a problem piping backup from hp-ux to linux ?

...that's why I wanted you to try a backup of some single files to the HP-UX machine from Linux.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does a normal remote backup using pipes work?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

We have checked file /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log but we didn't find any log what you mention

Thanks in advance

Ary