cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass upload of route determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question with regards to a configuring the route determination, our question is not about configuring the route but having to replace one of the old routes records to a new route.

SPRO  LE  Shipping  Routes  Route Determination  Maintain Route Determination.

We have created a route and all the necessary setup in the spro, and we realize that there are more than 3000 existing old route determination records (i.e. in table TROLZ) which need to be replaced with the new route. It will be impossible for us to manually replace each of the route records on above SPRO path one by one.

Question:

1 u2013 I am thinking about using LSMW, and am wondering if this is possible because there are two method in LSMW:

Method 1 u2013 Standard Batch/Direct Input. Here the Object drop-down box field does not have route determination object as it only have all the standard master data (i.e. material master, vendor, PIR, etc).

Method 2 u2013 Recording. How to perform recording as this is a configuration and not a business transaction like open PO, SO with transaction code?

Please share how to upload this new route and if LSMW is the right way, I am stuck on either the method 1 or method 2. Or is there any other way beside LSMW (please describe detail).

Thanks

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use LSMW recording w/o any problem for rute determination settings. Instead of using the path in SPRO you should use transaction 0VRF in the recording.

I would suggest you should always create/modify/delete only one record in config via LSMW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csabar,

Thanks.

BUt may I know clearly what do you mean by your following statement?

I would suggest you should always create/modify/delete only one record in config via LSMW.

I have more than 3000 records for this exercise, do You mean I should test it out on one record first in 0VRF during the recording??

thanks

tuff

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I meant is that your LSMW recording should select only one record in config at one time and modify it. That's all.

You can run LSMW for your 3000 records in the usual way (3000 records in your batch input folder).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

but what about to load 80k records at the 1st screm of 0VRF and 650k into the second secreen?

I think that this is too much for a LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.