cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad not rendering WebI bar chart very well

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all, I have a simple webi document with a bar chart.

in the webi, my Category Axis is "month", my Value Axis is "Sales", and region Color is "Company".

in the webi it all looks good, but the iPad representation has a problem displaying the Companies.

on the iPad along where the month goes (along the x axis), the companies are all grouped together, then i get each month.

here's and example of what i mean for the month of 1/2001 and 2/2001. the letters a,b, and c, are indicative of the three companies, and the nnumbers are the sales bar colours, 1 is red, for company a, 2 is blue, for company b, and 3 is yellow, for company c, let's say.

on the webI, each month would look similar to this

1 2                       1 
1 2 3                     1 2 
1 2 3                     1 2 3
1/2001                    2/2001 (x axis)

on the iPad, the company is displayed, on the x axis, unlike the Webi document, where the month should is, then above the company you have each months measures, in the example below you can see that the months are grouped with the company

1 1   2       
1 1   2 2   3 
1 1   2 2   3 3
a a   b b   c c  (x axis)

so you see, from this, i would get, working from left to right, company 1, month 1, 2, ...., then company b, month 1, 2, ..., then finally company c, month 1, 2, ... and so on.

this example is rather difficult to see here, but i hope someone has encountered this problem and can advise.

i can send screen shots so anyone, which may help.

thanks

g

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

not sure if i got the Example completely right - you're using the SAP BI Mobile App?

However, according to the recent "Mobile Release Notes 4.0.1", Column Charts with multiple Dimensions are not supported yet.

In General, the capabilities of the App are still relatively small. I Would recommend you the above mentioned Document, which contains a complete list of limitations.

Regards,

Bodo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, yes, it is SAP BI Mobile App, and thank you, i'll check out the docs

Answers (0)